Stowed Weapon Preview No Longer Working

If I'm in the Hero > Wardrobe tab and I try on a new weapon skin, the weapon disappears. Whatever weapon I've clicked on is invisible. It's impossible to see what I've applied unless I use a transmutation charge. If I'm in the Preview window (activated through Trading post OR in the Wardrobe Storage tab of a crafter), weapon skins are invisible if the Stowed is checked. I can only see them if either Wielded or Weapon Only is checked. It's incredibly frustrating.

Edited by Quodaax.8370
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Does this happen on particular Professions, Races, Genders, Level?

I can see stowed weapons on L80 Female Asura Ranger. 

Edit:  Just tried on alternate account - Level 58 Sylvari Guardian, can see stowed weapons without issue. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
more info

I don't see them stowed either, in the hero preview panel, once I've started previewing skins.

I tend to hit a weapon skill with my mouse and this causes them to become drawn and display as wielded. However if I'm looking at various skins, I have to repeat this a few times.

Since even longer, if the character has equipped a mainhand and offhand weapon, I can look at only one at a time, once I've started previewing skins. It's kind of annoying as I may want the skins to have a similar look as each other. 

Another annoyance is that I can't swap water weapons when hovering on tooltips to compare stats. I would usually equip one of each type of weapon my character can wield. So the spear in my inventory will compare to the spear that's saved as active, but the trident in my inventory still compares to the same spear. Neither swap water weapon nor swap land weapon changes this (swap land weapon will change the equipped land weapon set for comparing). Oddly, my last-used water weapon is not necessarily the same one equipped next time I enter the water, and in that case I assume swapping land weapons swaps water weapons too.

Having the same issue..

Lv80 male human mesmer

Can't seem to view weapons while its stowed.. it shows once I draw my equipped weapon tho.. but having to do so takes longer time than necessary just to view skins.

I dont know if this is going to work for everyone but this worked for me..

Just check/show your underwater weapons.

This worked for me on viewing stowed weapon skins..

Edited by Maxwell.6127
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxwell.6127 said:

I dont know if this is going to work for everyone but this worked for me..

Just check/show your underwater weapons.

This worked for me on viewing stowed weapon skins..

HURRAY!!!

- was trying to preview a greatsword from wardrobe and was not showing stowed weapon - but clicking/unclicking on underwater weapons in hero panel did the miracle 😄

• Sad 1

I will try this workaround for the problem but wanted to also share that I have been having the same issue as of late where when trying to preview stowed weapons.
Previewing weapons on my human warrior and nothing will display in stow category.  This has also happened on multiple alts. 

It's rare that I can preview weapons in stowed format across my alts and I only seemed to notice this happening in the past month.