What I think WvW needs

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Implementing what exactly?

Cause so far they're just implementing stuff that's dividing the communities and players instead. 🤷‍♂️

Shared goals that will motivate the playerbase to work together. It's at 57:10 in this video if you hadn't seen it already.

4 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Sorry I'm not watching the video.

Well, the answer to your question is in it. When I have some free time I'll write up a transcript and post it, I recognize that an hour is a lot of time for people to spend on something, and videos aren't everyone's favorite format of media.

35 minutes ago, Sheff.4851 said:

Players on the team leading the skirmish are worth 3 PPK, one more than normal.
Players on the team losing the skirmish are worth 1 PPK, one less than normal.

First thing I can think of to incentivize fights against the right groups, in terms of bringing down the strongest server. If I've got the choice of fighting BBC at three points a head or DOC at one point a head, I'd go fight BBC.

That incentivizes the fights crowd, yea.  There has to be other options though for the wider variety of players too.

4 hours ago, Sheff.4851 said:

Fortunately, in the developer interview that I recently did, Roy and Cecil talked about how ArenaNet is beginning to implement exactly this, now that Restructuring and scoring reworks are in place. When the player base has a common goal, they'll have a reason to work together with one another, unlike how it is now where groups only pursue the kind of content that they want.

And the common goal for a bunch of "fight" guilds will be finding casuals to hunt down and murder over, and over, and over, ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

And the common goal for a bunch of "fight" guilds will be finding casuals to hunt down and murder over, and over, and over, ...

Don't roamers and other players who want smaller skirmishes than the boonball guilds also hope to run into individuals to murder over and over and over too?

• Haha 1