So, Reset is bugged, Teams are bugged. Can we go back to servers?

10 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

My point was that ppt based tiers are too easy to manipulate. Certain commanders who only hunt rookie blobs for easy kill counts always try to avoid stronger servers/guilds. By choosing whether they want to move tiers up or down. Because it is so easy to manipulate. However, if you change the tiers to purely kdr based, it will be very difficult for them to manipulate it.

no, it will be even easier. They will just avoid the other blob and hunt down small groups and single players. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

no, every server had a core community. And then there were the bandwagoneer 'fight guilds' jumping around desperately trying to stack and avoiding each other. 

Now, if Anet could make it impossible for them to avoid each other (Only tiers promotion based on kill death rate would help here), then it would also be a situation that favors wvw activity for others. Guilds just starting their journey, even if they are blob size, should not face those who have 12 years of experience behind them. Certainly even real fight guilds are pretty boring if they don't have a challenge. Yes they can do arena gvg but it's boring compared to regular wvw where you never know who else will join the party =P.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"whole communities ripped apart" - (true) - now maybe they coulda made alliances bigger, or even kept some server guilds together in the beginning, but i noticed some servers did stay together. You had the option to join an alliance aka "server alliance" though that true option of a 6th guild came super late to it and most people had already made alliances with other guilds and left a guild to make room for a new 5th guild wvw alliance. I wonder how many guilds have alliances with other guilds. Pretty much if you didn't prepare or no one wanted you and its just your guild, this new mode sucks a lot more and makes it feel like your guild is just a pug alone on a map.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

no, it will be even easier. They will just avoid the other blob and hunt down small groups and single players. 

what would happen if you award them more points for ppk. then at the next reshuffle cycle they are basically banned from fighting against lower scoring guilds. though i thought that was the old system but you allowed them to switch servers which was a mistake to that strat.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, snh.7091 said:

Maybe that's what they want? For this to fail, because with this model they don't make any money as they did with transfers between servers.

but that in part is also what ruined the game mode by fight guilds jumping around. if your guild/ server is/was good you should be facing other good servers not worse then you, lower tiers. Same should still be true now only the shuffle changes and those higher ranked guilds should be bundled together facing each other not lower casuals. Though i don't know really if anet can even do this.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, Leaa.2943 said:

Can we go back to servers so that we can have EU reset back. Was same thing on the first one but then i sat in loading screen for 40 min. I just want to do reset  😞

reset should be at an off peak time so "just doing reset" would lessen the peak time activity. Oh and you should have a freaking ticket queue system not spam a portal for total randomness. then you could of course make the overflow map a little more juicy.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

logged in today...I've been moved to a different team in a different matchup.....what the hell anet?

and the experience has opened my eyes. I disliked the system before, its hell on this new matchup. absolutely zero commander tags visible at prime time...none, not a single one.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 7:30 PM, TheIceman.1039 said:

Which server had community? Everyone jumped between servers a lot. 

Most of them  had communities. and no hardly anyone jumped between servers. we dont have full data but when its been polled, the overwhelming (high 90%+) never moved server, and of those that did it was a very small number of times.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Reset, placed in the wrong team, the next day had been moved to yet another team, meanwhile my guild had also been moved to another team, other guild members were also put in different teams, we counted about 5 different teams between us. Sent a ticket reset night, explained that i had been put in team '1' Guild was in team '2' could i go to team 2?

By the time the ticket was dealt with, we were of course both on different teams ( 3 and 4), so I was not moved to the correct team. I pointed this out said yes, Guild was now on team '3' and i was on team '4' could i be moved to team 3? Sunday, I was moved again but for some reason they thought the change after the reset problems was the only issue and they moved me back to team '1' some others in Guild were moved back to team '2'. No! I said, I need to be on team '3'

That was my play experience over the weekend and I cannot play week days this week so no WvW at all, I heard there is still a couple of guild people being bounced around. We all did the correct choosing a WvW guild process. What a complete waste of time and i reckon the support team are sick of it as well.

• Like 5