Upcoming Changes to the Warclaw

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Hot owners do get a base mount the raptor in pve dont they?

Yea, I've just looked it up, you are right. I've missed that. Even more of an argument to unlock the warclaw within WvW for anyone owning any addon (not just PoF). I play since release and own all addons myself, but I want people to have a chance to enjoy WvW and in turn to keep it active for myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2024 at 12:05 AM, Linken.6345 said:

You dont have the warclaw mastery track to spend points in when entering wvw?

You know the answer, you also posted in another thread about JW not giving the Warclaw in WvW 

So why asking again here? Like everybody knows if you want to play WvW you must buy POF, period if You buy JW You get scammed and you can use Your warclaw only in PVE because in WvW You have it as a mount but you can't use it because Arenanet didn't provided the Warclaw mastery in WvW to allow to use it, well at least they should say BEFORE people buy their product that the Warclaw in JW is a PVE only mount

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Hot owners do get a base mount the raptor in pve dont they?

This is what they get:
GW EXPAC Comparison

And btw, instead of  doing this mess a better solution could have been this:

• Every (paid) account get a free basic glider and a free basic warclaw in PVE and WvW so you can enjoy the FULL GAME as advertised by ANET (this mean GW2 paid, HOT, POF, EOD, SOTO and JW)
  • With HOT you get PVE and WvW full Glider Masteries
  • With POF you get full WvW Warclaw Masteries (and full PVE POF mounts masteries, like it is now btw)
  • With JW you get full PVE and WvW Warclaw Masteries

Easy.
Instead they decided to complicate things to the point that this mess was created

Edited by Ondina.1529
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ondina.1529 said:

You know the answer, you also posted in another thread about JW not giving the Warclaw in WvW 

So why asking again here? Like everybody knows if you want to play WvW you must buy POF, period if You buy JW You get scammed and you can use Your warclaw only in PVE because in WvW You have it as a mount but you can't use it because Arenanet didn't provided the Warclaw mastery in WvW to allow to use it, well at least they should say BEFORE people buy their product that the Warclaw in JW is a PVE only mount

Tbh that thread have spiraled away from the original message so I forgot it even existed.

And I agree locking warclaw to pve only is a crappy move.

I would not mind warclaw for everyone to give them a taste of mounts in pve only unlocking abilities with paid expansion in wvw/pve ofcourse.

And no a abilityless warclaw wont compete with the 10 hour raptor.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Tbh that thread have spiraled away from the original message so I forgot it even existed.

And I agree locking warclaw to pve only is a crappy move.

I would not mind warclaw for everyone to give them a taste of mounts in pve only unlocking abilities with paid expansion in wvw/pve ofcourse.

spiraled away exactly how, they talked about the same thing all the time ....

It's not a question of a 10hrs raptor in pve it's about having a mount in a game that require a mount and a glider almost everywhere,  just think about  people that paid the game at the time and now they can't play WvW at all , it's absolutely ok to buy the expansions, but not because you are back to F2P account having paid even 150 $, you shuld pay for an expac because they are fun and they are great creations to give credits to the authors not because you no more can play the game after they did a mess with the design. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Ondina.1529 said:

spiraled away exactly how, they talked about the same thing all the time ....

Did you read said thread in the later part of it people me included are talking about the warclaws abilites not if people get access to it or not.

And for the rest of the post you quoted I dont know why you cut it up making it look like I dont want people to get warclaw and respond only to the last line.

Said line that is there for people who want comment that we already have 10h raptor and unlimited warclaw aint needed.

7 hours ago, Ondina.1529 said:

back to F2P account having paid even 150 $

And yea you are never back to a f2p account Anet wont lock 2 of your bag slots so your down to 3 total or lock so you cant sell other then the limited stuff on trading post so that is abit of a hyperbole is it not?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/7/2024 at 8:05 AM, Eidoss.6482 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 That is:
a) not what was promised ("...anyone owning HoT OR PoF", not "and", or "a bundle"),
b) completely illogical (having the Warclaw unlocked in PvE but unable to summon in WvW),
c) unfair (player who paid for HoT expansion connot actually now buy PoF expansion without buying the bundle and paying for HoT AGAIN),
d) to my eye seemingly unintended (we do get a message that Warclaw is unlocked when entering WvW, we have the mount button and Warclaw on the mount list, everything other than the mastery appearing).

At this point only way to be fair and save face is to man up and unlock the mastery for HoT players who currently understandably feel let down and, in a way, cheated.

But seriously, I know it is a relatively small group of players who are HoT but not PoF owners, but this no excuse for the treatment.
All 4 of the above points are valid, but most of all, I'd like some comment regarding point C. Right now I cannot get the Warclaw without buying HoT and PoF bundle, hence paying 2nd time for the same expansion. This needs a solution for existing HoT players. If you can't "unbundle" them or offer us an intermediate solution, you should grant the PoF expansion or at least the basic game-wide features, like mounts (even though personally I only care about the WvW Warclaw) to all HoT owners. Current state is unacceptable. 
@Rubi Bayer.8493 or someone from Anet staff - we really would like to hear your point of view on this. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/7/2024 at 8:05 AM, Eidoss.6482 said:

completely illogical (having the Warclaw unlocked in PvE but unable to summon in WvW),

Yes, Anet makes it too complicated. The easiest to understand version would have been: JW unlocks the warclaw in PvE and WvW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2024 at 9:05 AM, Eidoss.6482 said:

But seriously, I know it is a relatively small group of players who are HoT but not PoF owners, but this no excuse for the treatment.
All 4 of the above points are valid, but most of all, I'd like some comment regarding point C. Right now I cannot get the Warclaw without buying HoT and PoF bundle, hence paying 2nd time for the same expansion. This needs a solution for existing HoT players. If you can't "unbundle" them or offer us an intermediate solution, you should grant the PoF expansion or at least the basic game-wide features, like mounts (even though personally I only care about the WvW Warclaw) to all HoT owners. Current state is unacceptable. 
@Rubi Bayer.8493 or someone from Anet staff - we really would like to hear your point of view on this. Thank you.

Im fine with them making an option to buy hot/pof bundle for 29.99 and pof stand alone for 29.99.

Since that is the price for pof by itself always was.

• Confused 4

On 9/10/2024 at 11:50 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Im fine with them making an option to buy hot/pof bundle for 29.99 and pof stand alone for 29.99.

Since that is the price for pof by itself always was.

Great to know you're fine with it. The rest isn't. Also, you misrepresent the situation, there is no PoF alone option anymore, at any price. HoT owners HAVE to buy HoT AGAIN now.
And there is a reason DLCs come down in price over time. If you expect the DLC #2 to cost more than DLC #5 at its premiere then I'm sorry, but it is just hard to take your opinion seriously. 

Edited by Eidoss.6482
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eidoss.6482 said:

Great to know you're fine with it. The rest isn't. Also, you misrepresent the situation, there is no PoF alone option anymore, at any price. HoT owners HAVE to buy HoT AGAIN now.
And there is a reason DLCs come down in price over time. If you expect the DLC #2 to cost more than DLC #5 at its premiere then I'm sorry, but it is just hard to take your opinion seriously. 

No you really dont its just pof owners dont have to buy hot at all.

Pof at release was 29.99 hot was 20.

2 years later the added hot to pof with no added cost so pof is still 29.99.

So yea noone can buy hot anymore since that aint a thing but your not paying for hot twice.

You even got a mail about it in game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Thorns_Veteran's_Pack

Now that Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is included free with Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, we want to thank all our players who purchased it. In appreciation for your loyalty and dedication to the game, we've enclosed a Heart of Thorns Veteran's Pack with an exclusive glider, title, and armor voucher. Enjoy your attached rewards, and thank you for your support!

• Confused 3

On 9/12/2024 at 7:37 PM, Linken.6345 said:

So yea noone can buy hot anymore since that aint a thing but your not paying for hot twice.

You even got a mail about it in game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Thorns_Veteran's_Pack

Now that Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is included free with Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, we want to thank all our players who purchased it. In appreciation for your loyalty and dedication to the game, we've enclosed a Heart of Thorns Veteran's Pack with an exclusive glider, title, and armor voucher. Enjoy your attached rewards, and thank you for your support!

Well they should at least "fix" this thing with the old customers, it's not their fault.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2024 at 3:07 PM, Zok.4956 said:

Yes, Anet makes it too complicated. The easiest to understand version would have been: JW unlocks the warclaw in PvE and WvW.

Exactly, the problem is that they will never admit to having made a mistake in both the design and the perceived value for the customer, I don't have this problem having all the expansions but I honestly understand and I am in solidarity with those who found themselves buying an expansion believing what they said (and didn't say) in their marketing communications and found themselves scammed because:

a) They declared something false in the marketing campaign
b) They tried to fix it by creating even more discontent in the old HOT owners
c) Those who bought JW can't use the Warclaw in WvW (even having it in WvW)
d) And they all ended up in the group of those who had only bought EOD and SOTO who have the same problem for both the glider and the warclaw in WvW making that game mode unplayable

I have a feeling that the PVE group is clearly separated from the WvW group and they don't communicate at all or that there is no global supervision of the game that harmonizes these absurd inconsistencies (in PVE everyone has mounts and glider regardless of the expansions purchased) that have a significant impact on their customers and on the sales result and how the game is received, my professional advice would be sincerely to try to adopt the MBSE when making the expansions, it would benefit many of their perennial problems that are continually found in the most recent creations.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/31/2024 at 9:22 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'm sure JW will also unlock it. It would be weird if it did not.

Well sorry but no, they did the same mistake, if you buy EOD, SOTO or JW you can't play WvW, no glider and no warclaw 😄 You know, reasons ...
They just scammed people: You will get a warclaw in WvW with JW but You can't use it 😄

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 7:37 PM, Linken.6345 said:

The email with its wording and the gift was just so that those who bought HoT separately before wouldn't be angry about the bundle discount because they paid more themselves. The email doesn't mean that HoT is a free addition to PoF. If Anet really set the price for HoT at 0, Anet would also "sell" HoT individually for 0 €/$ (more precisely, Anet would give it away for free). But Anet does not do that for good reasons, because the calculated price of HoT is not 0.

It is pure marketing how Anet calls the resulting bundle of "HoT+PoF". Anet has decided to call it "HoT+PoF" on its web/shop page. Both components of the bundle are communicated equally.

It is actually normal and to be expected that a 9-year-old expansion (HoT) and a 7-year-old expansion (PoF) are no longer offered at the original retail price, but only at a significant discount.  This is also the case with this bundle. Based on the presentation in the webshop, a buyer can expect to receive a discount of (roughly) around 50% on the individual components through the bundle. 

An example from a different perspective: If I buy a bundle on Steam (for other games), but already have one or more components of the bundle, I am offered the bundle at a reduced price.

However, the fact that owners of HoT cannot buy only the PoF component of the bundle but have to pay a price that equals the original retail price of PoF (no matter how Anet's marketing communicates the bundle, those players already have HoT and therefore only buy the PoF part of the bundle) may be an oversight on Anet's part, but it may also be intentional.

However, it is understandable that those affected by this (I am not affected by it) are not happy about it.

• Thanks 1