Alt accounts and population balance

Is it me or these days there is alot of low ranked players that plays like experimented players? I'm afraid they are alt accounts from players looking to bandwagon again and/or to cheat the matchup algorithm.

I've been thinking on a solution: In order to be able to choose a WvW guild for the next matchup, each account should earn a decent amount of xp's with their actual team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, manu.7539 said:

Is it me or these days there is alot of low ranked players that plays like experimented players? I'm afraid they are alt accounts from players looking to bandwagon again and/or to cheat the matchup algorithm.

I've been thinking on a solution: In order to be able to choose a WvW guild for the next matchup, each account should earn a decent amount of xp's with their actual team.

That doesn't work for people like me who have gone to PvE during our normal WvW hours, because our match-ups are awful. That would make things worse.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 12:15 AM, manu.7539 said:

I don't really pay much attention to peoples rank, but it was obvious and often said before: for bigger groups match manipulation is super easy with WR. You're only out of luck when both accounts end up in the same team/shard. 😉 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2024 at 6:15 PM, manu.7539 said:

Got us, there never was anyone on mag. Just a toxic ai chatbot and 250 alts all of whom test tactics at random for something called “the luls”.  Beepboopbop

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 8/13/2024 at 2:40 AM, Hellbound.5610 said:

Alt accounts and the selfish players that hop around between them is a kitten to WvW. It completely ruins the balance of the game mode.

Selfish players that don't stand out of the easy fights and switch to an alt's on the losing side to even up the WvW fights. Not having alt's completely ruins the balance of the game mode.
The way you play may not be the same as how others choose to play. Just because you might imagine that, if you had an alternate account (alt), you would use it selfishly and disrupt game balance, doesn't mean that others with alts are doing so. It's important to recognize that not everyone uses alts in the way your concerns or fears might suggest.

Edited by cajalbelvue.5319
  • Confused 4