Vindi Hammer still too strong

40 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Do you have a video of an example?

https://imgur.com/DHbPece

No standard jump dodge makes it up that piece.

There's plenty of others Vindicator can cover in one jump that take multiple for others, or cannot be done at all.
It's also about 10 bajillion times easier to do actual tricky jumps like going up the sides to mid in the same map, as Vindicator, relative to anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Shagie.7612 said:

https://imgur.com/DHbPece

No standard jump dodge makes it up that piece.

There's plenty of others Vindicator can cover in one jump that take multiple for others, or cannot be done at all.
It's also about 10 bajillion times easier to do actual tricky jumps like going up the sides to mid in the same map, as Vindicator, relative to anyone else.

I see, thanks. Then that should really be addressed. 

Just now, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Now that everyone can see in the video that my information was correct, why don't you guys go ahead add some more confused emojis on my posts.

~ thanks

Unwarranted interaction of the game system should always be stamped out. Don't think there's any sane person who would disagree with such. 

I still however disagree with some parts of your post, if you don't mind 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Unwarranted interaction of the game system should always be stamped out. Don't think there's any sane person who would disagree with such. 

I still however disagree with some parts of your post, if you don't mind 

Like what? Please tell me what I said that you disagreed with.

The only thing I said other than notifying you that Sky Dodge is breaking game jump limitations, was a short explanation as to why common players ignore Vindicators in games, which was also absolutely true, that players have a difficult time damaging them at all so they choose to ignore.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Like what? Please tell me what I said that you disagreed with.

The only thing I said other than notifying you that Sky Dodge is breaking game jump limitations, was a short explanation as to why common players ignore Vindicators in games, which was also absolutely true, that players have a difficult time damaging them at all so they choose to ignore.

I don't think people ignore Vindicators in any normal game just because they jumped up a ledge, more likely no one is doing call outs or care to even check who's dealing the damage. I've played both Unranked and Ranked and often times people who fail to callout a target to focus just end up in a position where they are just tunnelling on whoever they think they should target. The resulting damage spreading threatens no one and that's how they lose. 

I mean, it's really one thing to assume people just don't target the Vindi, but it's another to attribute the lack of focus targeting in a team to simply being able to get onto a ledge many classes can also get onto, except easier via a poor gameplay system implementation. Many classes, especially those with targetless leaps can also pull that off, but it takes more skill and they are still focused all the same, so what makes Vindi so special? 

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Jobber.6348 said:

I don't think people ignore Vindicators in any normal game just because they jumped up a ledge, more likely no one is doing call outs or care to even check who's dealing the damage. I've played both Unranked and Ranked and often times people who fail to callout a target to focus just end up in a position where they are just tunnelling on whoever they think they should target. The resulting damage spreading threatens no one and that's how they lose. 

1. I didn't say they ignore it because it jumped up a ledge. I said they ignore it due to basic team fight targeting 101 kind of stuff. Look, if you're in a 2v2 against a Vindicator and a Willbender, you focus the Willbender first. Why? because a Willbender, although it comes into the fight like a stick of dynamite, if you focus it with 2 or more players, they die almost immediately from a single misposition. If you try to target the Vindicator first, he starts sky dodging around and actually punishing you for chasing with Death Drop and GS#5. This also allows the Willbender to freecast which is where his strength is. No matter what class combination you are running, you will always have a far greater chance of success while targeting the Willbender first for obvious reasons. This is why Vindicators get ignored in team fights. This class archetype simply has too much self defense for the level of DPS it shoves out. And this isn't even to mention its general mobility, chase potential with Phase Traversal, hard hitting ranged autos with Hammer, and its game breaking vertical jump capability that sets it above all other classes into its own category, concerning "the best kiters".
  2. When only one class can access certain vertical heights where nothing can chase them into that position, this is no longer simply "kiting" and becomes more like "complete free disengagement/resetting". You have to understand how broken this is in higher tiered games where stronger players know how to abuse this stuff.
2 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

I mean, it's really one thing to assume people just don't target the Vindi, but it's another to attribute the lack of focus targeting in a team to simply being able to get onto a ledge many classes can also get onto, except easier via a poor gameplay system implementation. Many classes, especially those with targetless leaps can also pull that off, but it takes more skill and they are still focused all the same, so what makes Vindi so special? 

What do you not understand about the video demonstration he posted?

The jump made by Vindicator is something that no other class can do. And no, I'm not talking about using a Rifle Engi who goes up on another elevation first and then Jump Shots horizontally over to that same spot. What the Engi or a Warrior with sword has to do to get there, is something like climbing a JP, which requires dedicated amounts of time to actually do in the middle of a combat while being chased. In the case of the Engi/War this is all risk vs. reward. But the Vindicator can be on the ground defending the node, and if he is trouble, walk a very short distance and straight vertically jump that high to get into a position where no other class can follow. If they want to chase the Vindi up there, they have to go around objects and find smaller objects to go up first before they can get to that spot. And in this case, the Vindicator has successfully stalled, kited, and is resetting, or in some spots in some maps, entirely disengaged into a position that is completely inaccessible for other classes.

I'm not sure how you aren't identifying the great advantage this is providing the Vindicator.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7