Curious as to how long to unlock spear for other characters ?

Greets , was curious if anyone knows/estimates how long it would take to unlock spear in upcoming expansion ? Wanted to come back and play and picking up expansion ,but also wanted to start a new class for main with spear from the beginning , so was curious how long it might take to use an old level 80 to get done what is needed for the unlock ?

I think it won't take a lot. They said the spear will be available in the pack of this Tuesday (not like the previous expansion where new weapons got available in a later patch).

My bet is that you will get it with your main in the first third of the quests. And once unlocked, will be available for al other characters (like they did with Soto, that you've got access for the new weapons and that was applied to all the account).

• Like 1

I believe they mentioned it was part of the first mastery from the new Kodan mastery line. I think this was in response to someone asking a similar question about how long it will take to unlock, as they wanted to play the expansion with the new weapon option. Basically, the answer was "not long".

Edited by Palador.2170
  • Like 4

From the Primer on Spears

Q: How can I unlock spear usage on land?

A: The ability to use terrestrial spears will be available when Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds launches. They will be locked behind the first Mastery in the Kodan Mastery line, which is discovered early in the story, or as a purchasable unlock in WvW. We want everyone to be able to use your spears early and throughout your journey in Janthir. As with all other combat features, Kodan Spear Training will be unlocked automatically in PvP for those who own Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds.

Likely it'll be like the Jade Bot Mastery where you complete a few Story Chapters and then the Mastery unlocks, get enough experience to unlock using spears on your account, and then the rest of the Mastery is just unlocking the ability to purchase components for the Legendary Spear & Backpack.

• Like 1