Train the Kodan Spear

Hi everyone!

I'm stuck or stupid.. or both.  I'm at 2. Diplomacy and Discovery:  Train the Kodan Spear Training Mastery... 

1. where do I get a spear?

2. is there an objective?

3. do I have to drop a skill line (currently using guns and then sword/dagger combo)

There is no information on what do to here and I've been standing about, wandering around - and obviously not able to move forward in the story... help please!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sayuri.6531 said:

I finished the mastery track, logged out and back in and still can't equip the spear.

you will need to equip a spear from your inventory, into one of your terrestrial weapon slots.

you are not able to drag a spear straight from your underwater weapon slot into your terrestrail slots, and double clicking to equip a spear will automatically equip it to your underwater slot.

• Like 1

Speak to the green star NPC who will unlock it for you in that story step (edit: to clarify unlock the mastery line for it)

You will get a spear which you put into any normal (ie not underwater) weapon slot

If it wont let you equip it after the mastery is unlocked, it's a bug. There a re a few bugs which fix after a relog. Or just wait until the raft of hotfixes which will be due any time. The next few steps have some issues to be resolved (although there are workarounds)

Edited by Randulf.7614

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Speak to the green star NPC who will unlock it for you in that story step

He will give you a spear which you put into any normal (ie not underwater) weapon slot

That's it

If it wont let you equip it after the mastery is unlocked, it's a bug. There a re a few bugs which fix after a relog. Or just wait until the raft of hotfixes which will be due any time. The next few steps have some issues to be resolved (although there are workarounds)

What is the "Green star NPCs" name. I see the prompt that I need to train, but see no NPC.

2 minutes ago, smus.2916 said:

What is the "Green star NPCs" name. I see the prompt that I need to train, but see no NPC.

<Insert random adjective and/or noun>

First theres a converstation with Caithe, and a pair of kodan cubs, after you have the mastery is trained you'll speak to the Kodan in the 3rd training circle at the training grounds to the north east, the one with targets

8 minutes ago, smus.2916 said:

Green star is the objective on your quest. I just couldn't remember which NPC it was. But it's marked on the map. I think you speak to Caithe, listen to some dialogue then talk to a Kodan

Just now, Parasite.5389 said:

<Insert random adjective and/or noun>

First theres a converstation with Caithe, and a pair of kodan cubs, after you have the mastery is trained you'll speak to the Kodan in the 3rd training circle at the training grounds to the north east, the one with targets

Yeah, I had the conversation and have been training in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd circles. NPC in 1st "Mists of Dawn" just says "I'm busy now" 😔

Just now, smus.2916 said:

Yeah, I had the conversation and have been training in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd circles. NPC in 1st "Mists of Dawn" just says "I'm busy now" 😔

What does the full text on your story quest say? 

Did it pop up with a message saying spear unlocked? Or an achievement?

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

What does the full text on your story quest say? 

Did it pop up with a message saying spear unlocked? Or an achievement?

I'm on "Diplomacy and Discovery", "train the Kodan Spear Training Mastery in the Kodan line". I got no unlock message. Every time I attempt equip, I get prompt telling me I need to train first. Infinite loop...

I'm on "Diplomacy and Discovery", "train the Kodan Spear Training Mastery in the Kodan line". I got no unlock message. Every time I attempt equip, I get prompt telling me I need to train first. Infinite loop...

even with the mastery points spend in the first mastery of the Lowland Kodan line?

• Like 2

On your screen at the top left, what does it say you need to do though? There should be an actual objective. Is there a green star on your map directing you to anyone or anything?

ie have you trained the mastery?

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

On your screen at the top left, what does it say you need to do though? There should be an actual objective. Is there a green star on your map directing you to anyone or anything?

ie have you trained the mastery?

I initially had the green star to go to the training grounds where you meet the NPC. Had a conversation telling me I need to train and that was it.

I initially had the green star to go to the training grounds where you meet the NPC. Had a conversation telling me I need to train and that was it.

Feline reflexes is the second mastery of the Warclaw line,

you want Lowland spear training, the first master of the Lowland kodan mastery line

• Like 2

Just now, Parasite.5389 said:

Feline reflexes is the second mastery of the Warclaw line,

you want Lowland spear training, the first master of the Lowland kodan mastery line

Oh DUH! TY my brain is now functioning 😆. Never even looked at the other mastery tracks. TY all!

• Haha 1