Engi spear 2 still misses a lot. Beta bugs are not addressed

Angelissa.8409

2 hours ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

This patch fixed skill 2? There are no patch notes about that.

Nope, still not fixed.

See ya all in another month or two. Even Fallout 76 is more enjoyable atm.

1 minute ago, Melumi.6432 said:

HOW has this not been fixed after two major patches?

Is it incompetence, lack of forum awareness? Or simply that they don't care?

It's been reported everywhere including ingame bug report since the spear beta, my guess is they can't fix it easily. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LilBiM.3581 said:

I mean... one could argue that a evade every 20s vs evade on AA was a nerf? Perhaps. We'll see.

It technically is, but at the same time the aa 3 isnt reliable enough to be really noticeable... At least PvE wise. Moving the evade on skill 5 makes it more consistent

I hate quick fix solutions, but this really needs patching soon. Suggested solutions:

• Copy paste the Engi Sword 3 animation, make the jump longer.
  • Copy paste the Engi Mace 2 animation, make the jump longer.
  • Copy the Guardian Sword 2 blink, add a leap or blast finisher at the end. (Would be nice for Engi to have a blink outside of mechanist)
  • Copy Mesmer Spear 4, make the jump longer. (Notice how on Mesmer the leap works every time as intended even outside combat)

Or change it completely into something interesting:

• Make it a forward thrusted lightning attack the pierces in a line applying focused to the first target hit giving stacking movement speed, lowering the cooldown per target hit by 1s.
  • Copy Elementalist Spear 2 (Water) beam attack, make it lightning and chain to other people. (Conduit Surge perfectly encapsulates this)
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Melumi.6432 said:

I hate quick fix solutions, but this really needs patching soon. Suggested solutions:

•  

If they could just change it like that, I’d suggest elementalist lightning sword 2, Polaris Leap.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polaric_Leap

already a leap and lightning themed too. However I bet the current designed skill is wrapped up in too many layer of spaghetti code to fix it easily. Just sucks that they used the code from Revenant GS 3 which is a one part 450u movement skill, other part moving attack that doesn’t trigger unless the skill is in range. But in your case tied the leap and WHOLE WEAPON MECHANIC to the second half like big dumb dumbs even though they knew that that code/animation has had issues since EoD.

On 9/14/2024 at 4:11 AM, Angelissa.8409 said:

Friday class balance also doesn’t mention any fixes to spear 2. 

Not only spear 2, Spear 5 is still not affected by quickness

Spear 2 got three bugs btw, Won't hit, won't trigger Leap combo unless hit and the range is less than 700 (probably 300 or 400 only)

Edited by Tofu.1865