The Devs Have Learned

Personally, I think the devs have learned a lot. Remember, nobody is perfect and the GW team works hard to provide the best experience they can for new players, as well as working hard to keep tenured players interested. 

The complaints about story dialog warrant the solution of a skip button but, it's not worth insulting the devs and this community by over-exaggerating how boring it is while many players are excited by this new content, and it's sad to see disappointment expressed in refund announcements while many players are eager to purchase and enjoy Janthir.

I know there are a lot of posts criticizing how some players choose to issue their complaints but, it's not enough to say that there are other games to play and announcing a complaint without any constructive feedback is just trolling this community with toxic nonsense.

Why people choose to play a game they ultimately hate and feel the need to announce it to all of us in black and white will never make sense to me. You know the old saying - if you don't like what's on the radio, then change the channel and quit complaining about it. 

This forum had a period where if something was wrong we could discuss it intellectually with maturity - those were the days....

Either way, I am inspired by this new content. I once commented in a post about what players would regret most if GW2 shutdown tomorrow and my answer was that I never got to share this game with someone I loved. Now that my wife has started playing and is inspired and excited to play together that had changed. So far, we feel like Janthir is a return to form for GW2 and we can't wait to adventure more in these maps.

The Devs have learned and have applied that knowledge well this go around...Well Done!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I don't think you get to decide what is boring, and to what degree, for someone else. It would be like someone else telling you that you are not actually enjoying the game, just exaggerating for effect. 

It is also not an example of a particularly "mature" or "intellectual" argument to declare that you know better than someone else how they feel about something. 

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I don't think you get to decide what is boring, and to what degree, for someone else. It would be like someone else telling you that you are not actually enjoying the game, just exaggerating for effect. 

It is also not an example of a particularly "mature" or "intellectual" argument to declare that you know better than someone else how they feel about something. 

That's a little hypocritical...

I'm not sure if you're being self-conscious or you actually believe - "the dialog is extremely boring. The devs have learned nothing. Refund" - is meaningful.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

I'm not sure if you're being self-conscious or you actually believe - "the dialog is extremely boring. The devs have learned nothing. Refund" - is meaningful.

Show me where I said anything hypocritical.

I merely said that you don't get to decide what other people find boring. Unless you can demonstrate just how you know what bores someone else better than they do my point is accurate.

If someone told you that you do not actually like the expac, would they be making a valid point?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Talk about hypocritical... You're basically mixing every single critic into one and adding imaginary insults.

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Show me where I said anything hypocritical.

I merely said that you don't get to decide what other people find boring. Unless you can demonstrate just how you know what bores someone else better than they do my point is accurate.

If someone told you that you do not actually like the expac, would they be making a valid point?

No. I think it's obvious, and I am not going back and forth with you. There's nothing to prove and nothing to gain. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Haha...

Get over it, guy. No reason to be so smug. Life is grand. Smile a little bit, you'll see.

Then allow people to have options without being so condescending.   Just a thought.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

This thread is flamebait disguised as positive (if somewhat condescending) feedback. 

Best not to engage.

Edit: Someone just flooded every post I have ever made in this forum with confused face....I wonder who it could be? 

Edited by Mimizu.7340
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I wish they unlocked the lowland shore waypoint for our other characters, i can't find a portal scroll from any vendors, i don't see any portals to get there, not even from the homestead, i ran out of the tp to friends, so now i have to keep replaying the story over to unlock the waypoint, wasn't like that in soto.

1 hour ago, Mimizu.7340 said:

This thread is flamebait disguised as positive (if somewhat condescending) feedback. 

Best not to engage.

Edit: Someone just flooded every post I have ever made in this forum with confused face....I wonder who it could be? 

I get what you're suggesting. But, you can't possibly believe that what you said was so earth shattering that "someone" would take the time to follow you around and emote all your posts. 

🤦‍♂️

• Confused 2