Good enemy design - appreciation thread (No Spoilers)

Last time I had to fight this hard in open world PvE was during day 1 of Heart of Thorns.

Without spoiling anything... enemies actually feel threatening, can and will kill you if you slack off, I can't just let my hands idle away pressing what ever buttons while I look at another screen, I have to think about what I'm doing and be clever about it instead of just pressing 1 or bottom mash the keyboard to win.

Then there's cherry on top, just how pretty the maps look, I've been meaning to take some time to go grab some fancy screen shots, everywhere you look that could be your wallpaper screen right there.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I want to second this appreciation. I know others are QQing very hard about certain aspects of the new enemies, but I love it. I disliked that enemies were just becoming HP sponges but weren't otherwise difficult. This is a nice change of pace. If the team deems that nerfing the mobs is needed, please do so with a light touch. We're 5 expacs in now, let the game become a bit more difficult from now on please.