Homestead QoL improvements [Merged]

On 8/25/2024 at 1:08 AM, quake.9023 said:

how come i cant use my volatile magic glyph for instant harvest ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? surely im not doing somethingg right. this is soo wrong 

You can. Mukluk did it. He made a video.

• Like 1

Something I would like to see is an option for the NPC Deft Lahar to turn off (or turn down) the generic lighting in the house. Candles and chandeliers are not of much use when the inside of the house is floodlit:)

Edited by Cel.7258
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

" A conjured doorway cannot be summoned in this map. "

The amount of maps that don't allow me to summon the door is actually kind of annoying. Couldn't summon it in thousand seas pavilion where i usually go for most of my trading. I hop to arborstone and try to summon the door... 

I try jumping to the aerodrome from the pavilion another day... 

I logged out in silverwastes yesterday... 

Can we do something about this? Why can i not summon the door in so many places? Why is it extremely inconvenient to use the improved version of the feature I have been using from my portal stone almost anywhere in the game for years now? And that is without addressing that it actually takes longer to farm the nodes in the instance than it did my old home if your not using collectors... which have their own problems. 

• Like 1

I just wanna join my voice in these comments and say that even though homestead is a huge W, it's exausting regarding mobility. Not having a keybind for the doorway and not being able to summon the doorway in some maps is an incentive to not use it.

Also, a MASSIVE QoL would be if you could see and tp to any point in the world map from your home instance. For example, earlier today I had to: get out of WvW > get to Wizard's Tower > get to my Homestead to leave my character there (after all, it's my house) > get my "homestead raider" character to farm a friend's home instance > get out of the Homestead > get into my last visited map (Lowlands) > then FINALLY tp to Rata Sum and join my friends. Needless to say this whole process was time consuming, since a lot of those maps were highly populated due to reset actitivies. 

Basically I think there needs to be a simplification of the whole process. It needs to be EASY and almost effortless to do something this "intimate" and "personal" that is coming back home, just like Mistlock, where you can travel to with one click and go back to where you were with another quick click. 

Thanks for the work and for reading this (if someone ever does)!

• Like 1

I haven't read everything but what I'm missing the most is

1. an undo button
2. a way to remove just one item even if you can't target it with the mouse because it's too close to other items

Also, having some experience with the ESO housing system and survival crafting games it is kind of shocking to me just how many buttons you have to click before you can place anything. Why not just drag and drop, and rotate items using the mouse wheel? The overall feeling is that it is clunky and unintuitive to use, even though I enjoy the look of the house and the items a lot.

Need to be able to disable home instance nodes and NPCs. Many are bright, large, and centrally located making them an eyesore every time I visit, not to mention being in the way of where I want to place decorations.

Homesteads also need to be at *minimum* a ten man instance. What is the point of expressing myself with designing if I cannot share it with my friends?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 6:13 AM, Yargo.2175 said:

Not having a keybind for the doorway

While I hear you and agree on all the things you had to say, we do have a keybind for the door.
It's been a while so I'm not sure if I set it myself or if it's by default, but I use the < key right next to Z on a QWERTY keyboard. All the other skills (skiff, fishing rod, etc) are set from SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+5, so "<" is just the door.

Edited by solvemprobler.4295

While Farming and logging collection boxes work just fine, the mining one is still inconsistent.
Every day, a random different node (or more) is not harvested.
It defeats the purpose of the new mechanic, especially since I could go in with a character that has no tools and still come out with my daily +500 volatile magic from glyphs.

I know there's a lot to deal with as the new expansion dropped but, the homestead being its flagship piece of content, I think it should work seamlessly.

Edited by solvemprobler.4295

Having played around a bit more with it, I think a good idea would be to add the ability to select and manipulate furniture from the Decorations window. If you click the cogwheel, there already is an option to show placed items. To be able to click on those and have them highlighted in the world for editing would be great. Maybe a right-click>modify option that takes you to the f2 editing skill bar.

And while at it, a right-click>remove would be helpful as well.

Edited by Sigerk.2897

A skill to let us copy the size and rotation of an already placed object would be great. The current skill only works for the last changes on an object. If you changed something again on a decoration then it will only adjust to that change and not the size and rotation before on the new decoration.

You also can't do small rotations on a placed decoration for some reason. It's always in the same state as before.

I tried to get a few slightly angled walls right next to each other and just gave up after trying for 15 minutes. There was always some part sticking out and they only needed some small rotations which the game didn't register.