Warclaw skill 4 (lance) doesn't work at all

If you have skill 4 (lance) keybind to 4 (same as combat skill key), Warclaw lance skill doesn't activate - doesn't work.

• If you unbind Mount skill 2 (the lance), then it magically sets itself to keybind 4 and works;
  • But if you have skill unbound, the same skill doesnt work on other mounts.
  • There is no issue with keybinds for other mounts that have 4th skill (skyscale, gryphon), only warclaw acting strange.

So currently you can either have all the other mounts working as intended with keybind 4 for 4th skill, or unbind and warclaw works, but all the other mounts don't.

Edited by Debesyla.7102
  • Like 2

I had the mount ability that shows up on beetle and griffon set to 4, because that was easier for me than to press C to drift/climb. I now had to change that to use the warclaw 4 ability. Would love for them to unify those. If it is shown on skill slot 4, then please make it possible to activate it with pressing 4. Or set the warclaw 4 ability as mount ability 2, so I can set it up that way. I want it to work like the mount ability 1 (skill shown on 5) I can use that on all mounts by pressing either v or 5. I want the mount ability 2 to activate when I press c or 4 (including the spear throw).

Edited by Felida Felix.9537
  • Like 1

Pasted this from what I had posted in another thread:      Easy fix is to bind "mount ability 2" to the same key you have "Dodge" bound to, this does not affect Dodge when not mounted that still works fine but it will also make action button 4 while on Skyscale or Skimmer be same as the new  mount ability 2 bind (Dodge bind but when mounted)

I also have "mount ability 1" bound to the same key i have for weapon ability "5" and it ALL works fine, This makes all your mount binds the same as weapon skill binds when not mounted, except when mounted button "4" will be the same as "Dodge" and both Warclaw chain lance and lance work as they should with buttons 3 and 4

What confused me for days was ANET  have "mount ability 2" use action button "4" and "mount ability 1" use action button "5" , logically you would assume the other way round.

ANET have coded default binds for weapons from left to right 1-2-3-4-5 (which is how logically you would expect it)  while for mounts for some strange obnoxious reason (Skyscale and Skimmer) it is 1-2-3-mount ability 2- mount ability 1  and Warclaw its 1-2-3-4-mount ability 1

Edited by Bowdidly.7401

4 hours ago, Bowdidly.7401 said:

Pasted this from what I had posted in another thread:      Easy fix is to bind "mount ability 2" to the same key you have "Dodge" bound to, this does not affect Dodge when not mounted that still works fine but it will also make action button 4 while on Skyscale or Skimmer be same as the new  mount ability 2 bind (Dodge bind but when mounted)

But isn't mount ability 1 the dodge? Further down you write that yourself, or am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Felida Felix.9537 said:

But isn't mount ability 1 the dodge? Further down you write that yourself, or am I missing something?

There BOTH bound to the same number/letter key, so  you bind mount ability 1 to the same key you bound dodge to, for me i have Dodge bound to "X" and so I also have mount ability 2 to "x" also, it allows you to bind both to the same key number/letter, its how the game is coded, when you are mounted the game blocks DODGE and when you not mounted it blocks the mount ability. I guess they tried to designed the key binds so you did not need to use all the keys on the keyboard but the way they did it is abit scuffed,

seems confusing took me 2 days to work out how they'd coded it, played online MMORPGS for over 20 years and its first time I've seen anything like this even more as the game does not explain or show how it works ANYWERE

Edited by Bowdidly.7401
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Bowdidly.7401 For Mount ability 1 and dodge it works for me, my only problem is the Mount ability 2 and the Warclaw 4 Lance skill. I want both of those to work when I press 4, but that is not possible at the moment, right? I mess up my griffon and beetle when I don'T have Mount ability 2 on 4 and if I have I have to mouse click the Lance skill on Warclaw. 😕