Bug: Handywork (while visiting someone else's homestead) consumes your materials and gifts the decorations to the account whose instance you're in.

There is no popup warning that crafting on someone else's handywork bench will gift them your account bound materials, my wife now sits on my world boss trophies with glee, however this wasn't intentional. 

• Sad 1

I doubt that this is a bug. It functions in a same way as scribing does in guild halls, where the decorations are attached to the represented Guild Hall. 

Everything made in a homestead that isn't your own is for the homestead owner as the homestead is attached to their account and so are any decorations made in their handiworker bench as well.

But I do agree that an one time notification each time you start crafting in someone else their homestead could be in place, if possible. Something along the lines of "By using this Handiworker Bench your materials will be used in crafting Decorations for <insert player name>'s homestead." 

• Like 1

I just discovered this tonight, my first time in someone else's homestead.  And I was very happy about it.  She'd been wondering how to make bookcases with books in them, I figured Library Shelf was the answer.  I had the mats to make one, she did not, I made it to test and she was able to place it.  We rejoiced!  She'll make one for me some time in the future when I get around to decorating.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's very much to let people contribute to each other (or possibly trade for gold or assistance) since the crafted decorations never become an item that could be put on the TP.  I agree with the others above that it needs a warning, albeit one either easily clicked/escaped away if it repeats or a one time heads up.