PLEASE give us spear versions of the Darkspear and Sunspear staff skins

ANet has nothing to lose by doing this. I get that there are other skins that people can argue for being spears in concept, but out of all of them these are the only ones that literally have the word "spear" in them. We've also seen NPCs wielding them as spears in Living World Season 4.

The models are already done, worst case scenario is that they just need to adjust the positioning. Could just have it so that people who unlock the Darkspear and Sunspear skins in their wardrobe also get a matching spear version instead of introducing a brand new acquisition method for the spear versions.

EDIT: As of 9/10/24, they're previewable in the wardrobe! No acquisition method as of yet it seems.

Edited by Teletric.3821
update
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, quake.9023 said:

but without the handle taking up half of the GS lollololol

Basically. Adjust the proportions a bit, but keep the design. The main example I'll use are the Plasma weapons, I really like the Plasma Sword. But not the Plasma Greatsword, they're very different weapons and I'd like to just have a big plasma sword.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2024 at 8:26 AM, Teletric.3821 said:

ANet has nothing to lose by doing this. I get that there are other skins that people can argue for being spears in concept, but out of all of them these are the only ones that literally have the word "spear" in them. We've also seen NPCs wielding them as spears in Living World Season 4.

The models are already done, worst case scenario is that they just need to adjust the positioning. Could just have it so that people who unlock the Darkspear and Sunspear skins in their wardrobe also get a matching spear version instead of introducing a brand new acquisition method for the spear versions.

LOL And they are coming.

That_shaman's notes say so

On 9/1/2024 at 3:07 AM, Skub.8240 said:

If we're making demands

I demand an option to turn off particle effects in weapons, armor and trinkets. Yes all them.

Also, it will never be not funny to me watching people beg for a Spear in this or that set when it was people QQing about under water gameplay that make Anet quit making under water weapons altogether. Don't they wish they hadn't complain now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

thats fine...but id rather scan his notes for content rather than scanning everything every release.

I was just tossing in that we have more than just datamine to support those 2 particular skins coming to spears 🙂 (tbh the notes were why I checked the wardrobe storage in the first place :))