Where have new home instance nodes gone?

So I 100% love the homestead, but I noticed something. The bee hives, I then thought that it would be great if we had a home instance node for the honey as we have had for some. Maybe another for lowland pine, charged ore and rotted amber.

But then I realised it has been a long time since we have had a home instance node released to buy for gold and karma (or magic).

Feel like it could of been a nice purchase option for getting t5 in lowland heart that bears teach you how to look after bees. Another gifts you a lowland pine tree and another plants a honey flower as a thank you. Then continue like that.

I mean... the main thing is I do want some bees haha. (And no, chucking a jar of bees at it doesn't work).

• Like 9

That's a great idea for a node!  

How about as a reward for an achievement?  There is a kid's book called "Please Please the Bees".  The main character is a bear who loves honey, and has a beehive that he gets three jars from a day.  But the bees go on strike because he hasn't been doing his part by helping with upkeep.  So he researches and learns what to do to make it a proper habitat for the bees by planting flowers they like, fixing up the box, etc.  

I could see a storyline with something similar for the honey node.

• Like 3

I think the reason they stopped doing home nodes is that some of the home instances had started to get really cluttered. Ofc that's not the case with homesteads, and if it's an expansion-exclusive node, why not make it homestead exclusive . . ?

• Like 3

They probably do not want people to get too much passive income regarding certain resources. Seems they are opening up to rifts and the essences - making it possible to passively get them from just gathering your expedition board - if you got the contract (for gems from the supply drop c urrently).

For the new stuff I can see the mursaat currency being bound as well as the honeycombs.

But yeah: The flowers, pine tree + the 2 ore nodes (Janthir Syntri) ... they could make them available. Will drop in price on the TP sooner or later anyways. Maybe at some later release they'll introduce it - to enforce a bit more content playing for now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

That's a great idea for a node!  

How about as a reward for an achievement?  There is a kid's book called "Please Please the Bees".  The main character is a bear who loves honey, and has a beehive that he gets three jars from a day.  But the bees go on strike because he hasn't been doing his part by helping with upkeep.  So he researches and learns what to do to make it a proper habitat for the bees by planting flowers they like, fixing up the box, etc.  

I could see a storyline with something similar for the honey node.

Really love the idea of a feelgood quest line. All for wholesome content with reward.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

They probably do not want people to get too much passive income regarding certain resources. Seems they are opening up to rifts and the essences - making it possible to passively get them from just gathering your expedition board - if you got the contract (for gems from the supply drop c urrently).

For the new stuff I can see the mursaat currency being bound as well as the honeycombs.

But yeah: The flowers, pine tree + the 2 ore nodes (Janthir Syntri) ... they could make them available. Will drop in price on the TP sooner or later anyways. Maybe at some later release they'll introduce it - to enforce a bit more content playing for now.

I can see. The home instance nodes really take such a long time for them to pay off in theory but I see what you mean in regards to the map specific "currencies".

• Like 1