Who's forging them? [minor spoilers]

maxwelgm.4315

So now that we have titans again, and (surprisingly?) outspoken ones at that - who's still crafting them in the Foundry of Failed Creations? A letter in Janthir Synthri directly confirms that Isgarren himself believes they're being forged and that forging new Titans might still be possible in the Foundry. How come no one knows the current state of that place? Is the Realm of Torment completely out of reach to the wizards?

These are all interesting questions but I'm afraid of whether Anet even cares about answering it, or if they're going to make Titans full blown Disney villains (like Decima is basically evil spider mother instead of unfathomable construct). Maybe they can forge themselves and a Titan is actually behind the others, such as Ura? They were all eliminated though as far as we knew. Any hints I missed from the map collections?

1 hour ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

So now that we have titans again, and (surprisingly?) outspoken ones at that - who's still crafting them in the Foundry of Failed Creations? A letter in Janthir Synthri directly confirms that Isgarren himself believes they're being forged and that forging new Titans might still be possible in the Foundry. How come no one knows the current state of that place? Is the Realm of Torment completely out of reach to the wizards?

These are all interesting questions but I'm afraid of whether Anet even cares about answering it, or if they're going to make Titans full blown Disney villains (like Decima is basically evil spider mother instead of unfathomable construct). Maybe they can forge themselves and a Titan is actually behind the others, such as Ura? They were all eliminated though as far as we knew. Any hints I missed from the map collections?

Keep in mind the place been unguarded for years already since the Human Gods left Tyria region of the Mist. No one is keeping watch on all the very powerful magical things and knowledge they left behind now. It can be anyone or anything that got its hand on whatever is making the new Titans.

Only realm that is probably guard now so none of the powerful magical artifacts and knowledge does not get taken is Grenth's realm since Desmina put it under new management when she took over.

Either way, we will know who is behind this next update around 2 or 3 months from now.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

On 9/5/2024 at 10:31 AM, maxwelgm.4315 said:

The bigger question is why are Isgarren and Waiting Sorrows acting like the Titans can only come from the Foundry of Failed Creation, or that the first time Titans existed was during GW1, when GW1 was pretty explicitly clear that it wasn't the case.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aurus_Trevess

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Relkyss_the_Broken

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Captain_Jerazh

With the sole exception of this human, all the DoA NPCs make it very clear: the Foundry of Failed Creations was created by Dhuum. Now, how does this conflict with Isgarren and Waiting Sorrows? Independently, it doesn't. But you get these two dialogues as well...

Ancient Seer: "I wish to see this to its end. Over the eons, much has changed in Tyria. But not these Titans."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hell's_Precipice#Intermediate_dialogue

In normal mode: "Titans, ancient creatures dating back nearly as far as my own kind, have broken free of their imprisonment. While they plague this realm, many Margonites escape us. The forces of light must stop these Titans. Do you have the will? Will you take up the mark of the light and fight?
In hard mode: "Titans, ancient creatures dating back nearly as far as my own kind, have broken free of their imprisonment. Worse yet, they grow more powerful, stealing energy from the land to give themselves even more stamina and strength. A curse upon them! The forces of light must stop these Titans. Do you have the will, oh great hero, to help in this desperate quest? Will you take up the mark of the light and fight?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Forgotten_Warden

The Fury had only "recently" broken free of his chains and "sundered its surroundings, only to reassemble them to mimic the twisted visions trapped inside its cruel mind" to create the Foundry of Failed Creations. But according to the Ancient Seer (who is probably Sidony) and the Forgotten Warden, the titans are eons old, as old as the Forgotten species, and seemingly as old as the mursaat-seer war. Meaning they'd be older than the Six Gods' presence in Tyria. So either the Fury predates the gods and chose to serve Dhuum after the Six arrived, or Titans predate the Fury. In either case, the Titans definitely predate the Foundry of Failed Creations as it was used by the Fury to create the Titans of GW1.

So by all rights, Isgarren and Waiting Sorrows should have been around when Titans first roamed Tyria long, long before the events of GW1. Yet they seem to act like the events and locations of GW1 is the only origin point and timeframe of Titans' presence...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The bigger question is why are Isgarren and Waiting Sorrows acting like the Titans can only come from the Foundry of Failed Creation, or that the first time Titans existed was during GW1, when GW1 was pretty explicitly clear that it wasn't the case.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aurus_Trevess

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Relkyss_the_Broken

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Captain_Jerazh

With the sole exception of this human, all the DoA NPCs make it very clear: the Foundry of Failed Creations was created by Dhuum. Now, how does this conflict with Isgarren and Waiting Sorrows? Independently, it doesn't. But you get these two dialogues as well...

Ancient Seer: "I wish to see this to its end. Over the eons, much has changed in Tyria. But not these Titans."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hell's_Precipice#Intermediate_dialogue

In normal mode: "Titans, ancient creatures dating back nearly as far as my own kind, have broken free of their imprisonment. While they plague this realm, many Margonites escape us. The forces of light must stop these Titans. Do you have the will? Will you take up the mark of the light and fight?
In hard mode: "Titans, ancient creatures dating back nearly as far as my own kind, have broken free of their imprisonment. Worse yet, they grow more powerful, stealing energy from the land to give themselves even more stamina and strength. A curse upon them! The forces of light must stop these Titans. Do you have the will, oh great hero, to help in this desperate quest? Will you take up the mark of the light and fight?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Forgotten_Warden

The Fury had only "recently" broken free of his chains and "sundered its surroundings, only to reassemble them to mimic the twisted visions trapped inside its cruel mind" to create the Foundry of Failed Creations. But according to the Ancient Seer (who is probably Sidony) and the Forgotten Warden, the titans are eons old, as old as the Forgotten species, and seemingly as old as the mursaat-seer war. Meaning they'd be older than the Six Gods' presence in Tyria. So either the Fury predates the gods and chose to serve Dhuum after the Six arrived, or Titans predate the Fury. In either case, the Titans definitely predate the Foundry of Failed Creations as it was used by the Fury to create the Titans of GW1.

So by all rights, Isgarren and Waiting Sorrows should have been around when Titans first roamed Tyria long, long before the events of GW1. Yet they seem to act like the events and locations of GW1 is the only origin point and timeframe of Titans' presence...

Thanks for clarifying. Now I'm uncertain but for different reasons! lol. Also, the Titans do refer to themselves as godspawn, so either Anet is dropping the reddest herring ever or they are still somehow related to a being that calls itself a god or is in fact in the same tier as the Six, even though they're also ancient as you just shown.

On 9/6/2024 at 2:31 PM, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Could it be Menzies?

It is certainly possible. Since he was allied with Abaddon and Dhuum, he should be aware of the Foundry - if it is being used again. And his return was foreshadowed in SotO very briefly.

On 9/6/2024 at 5:00 PM, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Thanks for clarifying. Now I'm uncertain but for different reasons! lol. Also, the Titans do refer to themselves as godspawn, so either Anet is dropping the reddest herring ever or they are still somehow related to a being that calls itself a god or is in fact in the same tier as the Six, even though they're also ancient as you just shown.

To add to the confusion, Kormir rules over the Realm of Torment post-GW1 and as we saw in Path of Fire, it was converted. The Domain of Anquish's entire point of the elite mission was to bring it back under Forgotten (and thus Kormir's) control. And although Kormir's depature allowed demons to invade her sanctum, it was confirmed in LWS4E4 that it was recovered and was being used as refuge from Kralkatorrik.

So makes one wonder how control of the Foundry was again lost....