legendary relic cost....could do with a slight reduction?

The price of motes is already dropping. In time, it will become affordable. Remember, every single person passively generates motes as they play, regardless of what content they play. Doesn't matter if they're in core zones, maguuma, elona, cantha, it all gives unids and once identified they all have a chance to give motes when salvaged. 

On 9/21/2024 at 11:59 PM, Hesione.9412 said:

And it's not like the free legendary relic occurred without prior advertising. Anet made it extremely clear that even one legendary rune would be sufficient to be given the legendary relic. I'm not sure how far in advance it was announced ahead of SotO, but it was long enough that a bunch of people made one rune just to get the free legendary. Was I, with 6 runes, a bit miffed that you only needed one? Yes, for a couple of minutes and then I got over it. I need to be able to change runes because of changes to meta builds in group content, and I have almost 60 characters.

What I AM miffed about is that the options for the relics don't include some of those that were the 6th effect of runes.

When they announced the introduction of relics - or some time shortly afterwards - they specifically said that having legendary runes will give you (and yes this is a verbatim quote) "significant progress" towards the legendary relic. As in you would get to skip a lot of the grind depending on how many runes you have, but you would still have to do something to get it. I honestly thought the legendary relic would be a soto thing, the 'significant progress' would be some item made from clovers and trophies and you'd still have to farm soto currencies or do soto map completion. 

49 minutes ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

The price of motes is already dropping. In time, it will become affordable. Remember, every single person passively generates motes as they play, regardless of what content they play. Doesn't matter if they're in core zones, maguuma, elona, cantha, it all gives unids and once identified they all have a chance to give motes when salvaged. 

When they announced the introduction of relics - or some time shortly afterwards - they specifically said that having legendary runes will give you (and yes this is a verbatim quote) "significant progress" towards the legendary relic. As in you would get to skip a lot of the grind depending on how many runes you have, but you would still have to do something to get it. I honestly thought the legendary relic would be a soto thing, the 'significant progress' would be some item made from clovers and trophies and you'd still have to farm soto currencies or do soto map completion. 

The change to only needing one legendary rune was signalled in January:

For motes, these only come into the market via salvaging runes, sigils, or relics: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lucent_Mote Any gear salvaged that does not contain a rune or sigil will not provide lucent motes. And the drop rates are low overall, eg https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune/salvage_research I use a runecrafter salvage-o-matic to increase my returns.