Commander Tag Suggestion

On 9/27/2024 at 7:48 PM, gousgou.5438 said:

You think a tag is overpriced and you would prefer it to be a single track and be done with it.

To do what? Lead people through meta events and encounters you don't know about?

Had that this morning.

I was just doing my 10 enemies daily in Cantha at like 3 in the morning (woke up from coughing) and someone suddenly tagged up staying that he'll try meta - like 10 minutes before it starts. At 3:30 (when the meta started) we were 12 people and commander said that he doesn't know how this meta works (was Aetherblade in Seitung) but he wants to try nonetheless.

Sure one could see that he didn't know this meta because most other knew ahead where to go and what to do. The 15 people did their stuff, by the endboss we were 18 and it all went really smooth (I was surprised how easy and fast that meta can be with much less people, only knew full squads so far).

My point is, that this meta wouldn't have been made without that dude. And it was a good and chill experience for everybody.

I had similar experiences in the last HoT map (with the dragon). That only 2 commanders tagged and later a third newbie tagged up because nobody else did. So every lane had their tag. And I think that it is good. In pve metas I'd say that most people know how the meta works and can support a newbie commander. That's community.

I can tell you where a newbie commander is deadly.

In wvw. But there tags are even more sought after than in pve. In pve everybody can at least use the apple. And I like how people use that spontaneously when events pop up. Whether they're new or not. They decide to do something for and with the community.

I rarely do that. I more think of myself and only tag up when I need some more people. Rarer that I tag up to actually help others - no benefits for me.

On 9/27/2024 at 7:48 PM, gousgou.5438 said:

I would argue that the tag should be more than 500g and to have a meta achievement requirement tied to it.

At least people would acquire knowledge of encounters and metas that way, trying to complete the meta achievement and put aside a considerable amount so that they could lead people at those events later on when they had the tag.

There would be less tags, less metas done, less people thus going to those maps and more deserted maps.

You've no clue how long I waited for someone to tag up for the serpents meta in one of the desert maps (needed it for something, not that I wanted to do that for fun). But no lead for weeks. Someone in another meta lead me to Hardstuck discord and they had a schedule for that and I finally got that one.

Or how often I wants someone to tag up in wvw early in the morning, to collect a handful of people do recolour lightly defended maps.

It's not the lack of commanders, it's mainly the lack of will. To incease the will it needs cheaper tags so more will have it and give it a try.

Better a newbie try than no try.

Also silver wastes is one of the easiest meta. Perfect for the first steps in tagging up. I know my way in the silver wastes, any many others do to, and the zerg doesn't stick together anyway.

You act like nobody has a clue about anything (incl. the commander) and everybody is blindly trying new content.

And please, don't bring out niche maps and metas, like Gyala, for your argument. That one is a good example for bad and boring content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Better a newbie try than no try.

Tag isn't needed to still announce group in lfg. Saying that it's either tag or no try is false. 

Also sounds like in the end... it is worth it?

It's not the lack of commanders, it's mainly the lack of will. To incease the will it needs cheaper tags so more will have it and give it a try.

No, you literally just said it's not lack of commanders/tags. Decreasing price doesn't increase the will. You could lfg for any "3am meta" you wanted to do even without a tag and yet you're still waiting around instead. If you can't be bothered with buying a tag, you won't be bothered with creating and leading a group.

In wvw. But there tags are even more sought after than in pve. In pve everybody can at least use the apple. And I like how people use that spontaneously when events pop up. Whether they're new or not. They decide to do something for and with the community.

I rarely do that. I more think of myself and only tag up when I need some more people. Rarer that I tag up to actually help others - no benefits for me.

...so you already have the tool for your needs and you still rarely use it anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2