Thanks for playtesting Warrior for me, you saved me time and money

Invoker.5462

As a diehard warrior main from the start - ive only seen a few moments of glory outside of the launch of the game.

Honestly, i had been one of the bigger fans - pre ordered the collectors edition and played on launch day.

I just dont get it. Why did ANET feel the need to bully this class? If i knew the logic behind the decisionmaking it would help me to understand. Its clearly intentional.

A game i likely would have played for 10k hours i played for like 600ish, and i have no desire to buy this expansion becouse these warrior forums are still a depressing slum.

Thanks for putting the info out there on this board to save me the dissapointment.

• Thanks 16
  • Confused 3

On 10/8/2024 at 9:56 PM, Invoker.5462 said:

As a diehard warrior main from the start - ive only seen a few moments of glory outside of the launch of the game.

Honestly, i had been one of the bigger fans - pre ordered the collectors edition and played on launch day.

I just dont get it. Why did ANET feel the need to bully this class? If i knew the logic behind the decisionmaking it would help me to understand. Its clearly intentional.

A game i likely would have played for 10k hours i played for like 600ish, and i have no desire to buy this expansion becouse these warrior forums are still a depressing slum.

Thanks for putting the info out there on this board to save me the dissapointment.

CmC himself even stated themselves they don't really know what to do for warrior.  

no Direction =   disaster 😔

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, BadxDog.1584 said:

CmC himself even stated themselves they don't really know what to do for warrior.  

no Direction =   disaster 😔

I think he said that about berseker in PvP, but yeah, with recent "balance" changes, it probably is true for all warrior specs...

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah no, that statement of his definitely extends to all specs and it shows. The most inspired moment was BladeSworn and we all know how that came out in practice. Cuz on paper it was amazing. Zerker is fine but realistically speaking, how long will a Warrior main camp that and be content or enthused?

Edited by Kunavi.2407

I'm feeling a little left out compared to a few different classes where I am just 1 extra mechanic short of victory or survival in relative comparisons (roaming, dueling WvW). I haven't played SPvP since returning but we do feel a little bit tough to play. I've tried Willbender and it took the old burst core guardian play and expanded it with the things that made any warrior build fun before it existed - and it shows.

To be absolutely honest, though, I do currently suck compared to when I played 7 years ago. I have had some fun success 1vX. It's very picky about engagements - play like a thief that doesn't steal things(stealth) and see how it goes. I gave the same advice back then and it did wonders for a few acquantences.

SPvP was also a daily routine and I can see where we'll struggle, compared to how solo/small fight contrasts to what's playable in the arena, with how I've performed WvW. I do need another 24 or so hours of playtime to really gauge just how bad I am vs how gutted warrior is. It's a challenge at times but that's not far off from what I remember.

Is it really as doomsaid as you're all proclaiming?

15 minutes ago, Kinzu.5820 said:

Warrior just gets treated like garbage since forever when it comes to balance and class design. 

Looking at the history of Warrior in general is depressing. 

Always an afterthought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Kinzu.5820 said:

both newest warrior weapons are barerly usable due to nerfs, GS2 STILL does less damage in the same timeframe than its auto chain, warrior's best weapons are still speck-gated due to speck exclusive traits being necesairy to make said weapons do meaningfull damage, everyone and everything outranges, outmanouvers and outdamages you while being invisible, invoulnerable, blocking, or healing itself for stupid amouts.

The only reason warrior is playable right now, is that bad players exist, and you can oneshot people for their mistakes (sometimes)

Edited by Captain Crapface.7528
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

both newest warrior weapons are barerly usable due to nerfs, GS2 STILL does less damage in the same timeframe than its auto chain, warrior's best weapons are still speck-gated due to speck exclusive traits being necesairy to make said weapons do meaningfull damage, everyone and everything outranges, outmanouvers and outdamages you while being invisible, invoulnerable, blocking, or healing itself for stupid amouts.

The only reason warrior is playable right now, is that bad players exist, and you can oneshot people for their mistakes (sometimes)

I can confirm oneshotting for mistakes.

I didn't know GS2 didn't outcomb the Autoattack combo. No wonder people hated me now - and 7 years ago. That's hilarious, I've genuinely fragged people with it.

Playing against anyone other than the cheating community is very challenging but fun and I've had some very good fights vs several solo super-roamer classes and builds both as Core and SB. The playstyle is a little different than what you might be used to and because of the extra utility beyond anything we have in our current toolkit it does feel like it's needless struggling at times, I agree.

I haven't had too much fun fighting the cheating community - as nobody does. There's a few really obvious idiot's on here and what they do is shameful - auto dodge, HP, critical modifiers and boon/quickess manipulators plus the click to teleport 'boost' function that happens when entering combat or targeting one of these monkey's that causes them to jitter around because the hook to click-to-teleport causes desync that the server trips out about when changing into combat phase. ESP and manipulating renewed focus calls for mesmer and guardian or even the wierd extension of endure pain on warriors themselves that make you sit extra time in the next CC that hits you... There is a LOT of that in this game. It ends up looking like 'lag' or even just bugs from the engine but I assure you it's the same freaks and their inner-community that hated me for taking stonemist castle in Tier 1 back during the middle of HoM(I think).

Just like MMOFPS flagship games there is a very bad spread of closet cheaters and idiots here - Warrior is ironically the biggest sufferer when fighting these idiots and it's more frequent noe than it was back then. There's an online community that calls themselves some cringe name 'the darkside of pvp' (like.. starwars? Lol!) that, just like twitch-shooter script kiddies - want to ruin it as their daily routine. There's another PVP-fitted MMO I 'deserted' because of how silly the cheaters there are. Full on mid air fly-hacking, god mode, etc. Lol.. Dudes were choreographing their guild fights m8. I got called out for being Japanese because I wasn't letting people of a certain group win vs me to make them happy? Weird vibe, even weirder extreme attack on me personally, it was just so bloody strange.

Aside from all that strange drama- I think a few cooldown reductions and speed-ups will give more players a nicer opportunity to play warrior, all that drama aside. Adding 50 yards to shield charge, as an example, can really help us secure a kill vs all the legitimate teleports, glides and movement boosts other classes have.(Like Willbender, thief, etc.)

This game has made more than enough money to have a concrete anti-hacking measure as well as employees that aren't bleeding people, tbh, like I can say about most companies. Why is there no simulated environment for your number crunching - why are the same cheaters with more advanced cheats still roaming around? It's sad.

Edited by Kinzu.5820
Oddities, why not?