Status of Raid LFG

Does it even matter at this point?

Raiding is more active than strike missions simply because raids have long been broken by the new benchmarks. Bosses can be killed much quicker, even the CMs, not to mention one wing has multiple bosses whereas strike missions is one boss each. Homesteading may have brought some back to raids for tokens to use for trophies but again that's not saying much.

Strike Missions were a mistake. They were clear proof arenanet no longer had the budget to craft original missions so instead they turned story missions into bosses with rewards not even worth investing into. Then you have the challenge modes where NO ONE wants to play anything other than OLC, AH, XJJ minimum because those three, especially AH and XJJ have a low skill cap that people can be carried easily so long as they don't fail certain mechanics. Then you have KO which is definitely a more complicated one but still doable for some people and then there's the big one: Harvest Temple, a challenge mode that no one wants to do which gave opportunity to those cursed sellers and gatekeeping discord communities that prevent you from getting a successful run intentionally so they would tempt you to give up and just buy the clear from a seller.

Funny thing is they knew they effed up with HTCM so they made COCM easy, and then there's the story with ToF CM but at that point I was checked out and stopped caring.

Arenanet were fools to not fix this useless LFG system and bigger fools for not banning sellers outright. They singlehandedly killed what could have been a good entry-level challenging content by making terrible choices and overestimating the long-term consequences of said choices. And now they use Wing 8 as a big selling point for JW? What a joke. I won't wish it but I can definitely see this crashing and burning. Even if wing 8 ends up being liked by the casual raiders there's a good chance the CMS will end up just like HT and ToF: Barren.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

On 10/12/2024 at 6:11 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

If it's the two bosses from Snythri again, it could end up being the worst raid wing.

I hope for something different that will expand on the story.

The amount of boon corruption and melee hate we're getting from the titan bosses so far has been enough of a pain in open world. In a raid, it'll be miserable.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2024 at 8:02 AM, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

There is no need to block anyone. You can just filter them out.

Honestly, sometimes it feels like people aren't aware that you can also use a search bar to enter what you are not looking for. Since the seller and recruitment LFG's all use brackets and LFG's for regular runs don't, just filter out the brackets. Problem solved and you didn't need to block half a dozen people to do it (which takes more time and effort).

Actually, I've only had to block 2 or 3 people (and I was gracious and thoughtful to add a tag to them accordingly should the tool change its behavior in the future, so I could go back and unblock them), as opposed to having to "filter them out" by typing into the searchbar every time I want to lfg... that would be a lot of time and effort on something that conceptually should not be on the LFG pane to begin with.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Allori.7149 said:

Join the squad, block the commander. I've done it multiple times.

It's sad that people advocate for raid selling instead of promoting prog or training groups.

I type "/block <commander name>" so I don't have to join them; we can see the commander name in the lfg. The raid lfg is usually pretty light, but at least by blocking all the sellers you can see valid posts rather than that clutter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eckee.4038 said:

Yeah. Ranged bias in this game has always been insane imo. 

To be fair, the strong melee hate and extreme range favor only really started with EoD, especially when you look at KO CM, OLC and to a certain extent XJJ CM.

For the other strikes and raids, playing melee usually works fine.

• Like 2