Should You Play Warrior in Guild Wars 2?

Smoothpine.1895

• Smoothpine.1895 changed the title to Should You Play Warrior in Guild Wars 2?

The nerf is the reason why I dont plan on logging in anymore unless there are actual fixes for warrior I dont really want to play gw2 anymore I love the lore I love the story but I want to play my main class without feeling like a wet noodle or like I am self rooting my self to the ground 

atleast my wallet will be happier as I am a quite a bit of a gem store enjoyer, im sure there are other games that would be glad have me in them instead

• Thanks 13

3 hours ago, Marmado.7825 said:

The nerf is the reason why I dont plan on logging in anymore unless there are actual fixes for warrior I dont really want to play gw2 anymore I love the lore I love the story but I want to play my main class without feeling like a wet noodle or like I am self rooting my self to the ground 

atleast my wallet will be happier as I am a quite a bit of a gem store enjoyer, im sure there are other games that would be glad have me in them instead

Same here. I only brought some of the LWS (The rest I got free from logging in) and expansions up to Path of Fire. The only reason I haven't bought End of Dragons, is because I'm disappointed with Bladesworn. It is by far the least used Elite Specialization for Warriors, and in general, for a good reason. I took a look of how it fails and flounders from others playing it, and that made it me not want to touch it. They can't hit a target if they're on slightly unleveled ground with the ranged slash projectile skill. That, and along with a list of other problems. If nothing else, it is a painful example of how neglected Warrior is.

If they can fix or alter the functionality of other the Profession Weapons, Traits, Skills, etc. for the better, then what's stopping them in the case of Warrior?

Edited by Smoothpine.1895
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Smoothpine.1895 said:

A short video I found recently that sums up the current state of Warrior and answers the question of, "Should it be played?".

Good synopsis, I’ve recommended multiple new players to avoid warrior as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smoothpine.1895 said:

A short video I found recently that sums up the current state of Warrior and answers the question of, "Should it be played?".

Real. And True.       If you are a new warrior player may the gw2  balance patchs have mercy on you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I play defense hammer/dagger/axe SPB in open world. Does solid dmg, great CC, is tanky, has some utility. I've played most professions in open world, on support and dps builds; that SPB build is by far my favorite. It does by far the most dmg, while being very sturdy.

And I've played SPB in wvw for roaming and dueling, as well as sidenode in conquest, for years. I really like the gameplay. Could be worse, could be better, but I like it. And I get hate comments every once in a while, so I must be doing well.

I'd bring it to fractals and strikes too, but its faster to get in as quickness or alac provider and that build is neither.

I have played berserker and bladesworn for a bit, didn't like either. Condi zerker is pretty good in spvp, when played well; not sure about wvw. I have played a lot of core, SPB is just core++.

Now, I know warrior is the blah blah and blah blah. But since the defense rework, things are not so bad at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I play defense hammer/dagger/axe SPB in open world. Does solid dmg, great CC, is tanky, has some utility. I've played most professions in open world, on support and dps builds; that SPB build is by far my favorite. It does by far the most dmg, while being very sturdy.

And I've played SPB in wvw for roaming and dueling, as well as sidenode in conquest, for years. I really like the gameplay. Could be worse, could be better, but I like it. And I get hate comments every once in a while, so I must be doing well.

I'd bring it to fractals and strikes too, but its faster to get in as quickness or alac provider and that build is neither.

I have played berserker and bladesworn for a bit, didn't like either. Condi zerker is pretty good in spvp, when played well; not sure about wvw. I have played a lot of core, SPB is just core++.

Now, I know warrior is the blah blah and blah blah. But since the defense rework, things are not so bad at all.

The defense rework gave Warrior in general a lot of well needed sustain, but it created unhealthy interactions for competitive game modes. Just so weird that they added offensive traits into a defensive trait line.

Then again im biased against the current level of sustain most professions have so take my opinion on that with a grain of salt.

• Confused 2

I Play spear Berserker in Open World and it does realy decent against everything ^^ (means multiple mobs but also for solo Champs)

Open World

Or multiple Builds in PvP so yea Warrior is not dead at all ^^ but trueth is it is not OP anymore ^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

I Play spear Berserker in Open World and it does realy decent against everything ^^ (means multiple mobs but also for solo Champs)

Open World

Or multiple Builds in PvP so yea Warrior is not dead at all ^^ but trueth is it is not OP anymore ^^

I noticed a pattern in your posts, of using "^^" so overtly whenever you comment on Warrior. It doesn't seem you're genuine in what you're saying.

Sorry, but its hard to see Warrior as "OP", even before the last two patches of Spear nerfs, except for some setups involving Spellbreaker. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, its not that its "OP" but that its new enough for people to want to test it and try it out, and its the first decent weapon in awhile that is closer to the power and functionality of other professions, while most of the Warrior's other weapons still have bugs and dated skill design, since game's launch.

I would say Reaper, Ranger, and especially Guardian are outright OP in comparison. And that's kind of the point of the issue with Warrior. Why choose Warrior, other than the concept of it, when Guardian does what it does, but with greater ease? Even Reaper's Greatsword skills blow Warrior's Greatsword out of the water.

If you're having fun with Warrior as it is, then fine. But it's lack of upkeep and polish in terms of power and functionality with it skills, traits, and profession mechanic, are things that shouldn't be ignored. 

Edited by Smoothpine.1895
  • Thanks 1

@Smoothpine.1895 hmm yea i use "^^" quite mutch as Well as "xd" . 

At this Point i should have said that it was OP in PvP mainly. In PvE it always was and is okayish Just not too Bad but also not the best.

Also yes you are right that warriors weapons are overall not as OP as the ones from other classes. But this been said it always was kinda like this. Warrs weapons are the best when it comes to just raw Numbers. But they lack in terms of boons gain and stuff

Edited by Myror.7521

I have to respect Mukluk for listing out the Warrior bugs in a dedicated video.

He might be one of the few content creators that acknowledges the problems of Warriors. Helps that he actually play tests builds and suffers them first hand, literally, because that quickness berserker build did hurt his hand, I believe.

7 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

The defense rework gave Warrior in general a lot of well needed sustain, but it created unhealthy interactions for competitive game modes. Just so weird that they added offensive traits into a defensive trait line.

Then again im biased against the current level of sustain most professions have so take my opinion on that with a grain of salt.

Yeah defense is pretty overloaded. I do like all the sustain you get from SPB and defense, for an open world build.

On 10/11/2024 at 8:52 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Yeah defense is pretty overloaded. I do like all the sustain you get from SPB and defense, for an open world build.

In open world PvE its great fun, you become a juggernaut of healing, stability and quickness.