The Ultimate Pistol/Pistol Discussion Thread

Girbilcannon.8259

@Mercurias.1826 said:I'm currently digging P/P. It doesn't require a mountain of trait investments, it does what I need it to do, I like the interrupt, the range is solid, and skill 5 with a leap or burst is instant stealth. I think it has good synergy with Deadeye, also, and I find it easy to use. The Rifle seems a bit undertuned right now, unless I'm playing it wrong, but I swap around between it, P/P, and daggers.

Last night I gave it a good try, to use the rifle both soloing and in group events in Elon Riverlands and Desert Highlands.

I failed.

For the legendary bounties we faced, staying still was a death sentence - I don't mean for a while, I mean more than two or three seconds. Augury Rock... you can't stay inside there in one place without being hit. Legendary Facet in DH... same deal. There is simply too much going on from any boss to give you the free time to kneel, pop out two or three shots and move again. Too much going on.

Went back to dual pistols... no issue. I'm mobile, can dodge all I want, and was pulling in even better numbers than with the rifle even when I could get the rifle to work.

The thing that always bugs me is that people who want to quote stats and facts & figures use baselines, i.e. "this is the DPS number you can easily pump out when all things are equal." All things are NEVER equal... not in PVE, not PVP, not WvW. Could the rifle as it exists give me better DPS numbers than my pistol build. Sure... if I could drop & kneel and stay in that position for the duration of the fight. That never, ever happens. This is why it seems like a lot of people are starting to realize the Deadeye can be great fun... running dual pistols. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived