New Wintersday activities

Martnor.1746

I really enjoy Wintersday. It's a nice relaxing festival. However, I find myself doing pretty much the same things as last year and it does take some joy out of it. I just end up doing one run of Toypocalypse and Tixx's Infinirarium. I like the JP and the choir but I can only do it so many times in one season. I know I should be doing something else in the game but I want to spend more time doing Wintersday themed activities.

The race was a nice addition. Can't we make an adventure out of it? Like the PoF adventures. However, instead of collecting supplies from different points, why not deliver gifts to different houses/people across Divinity's Reach in a limited time?

We could create wood logs donations to heat up people during the Winter to create a wood logs sink seeing as the prices are so low.

How about an actual Secret Santa for players! We give random fellow players a random gift. Make a system that allows participating players to give a gift to a random player. Although admittedly, this could be a more complicated system to introduce...

Just a few ideas to throw out there.... any other suggestions to improve the festivities?

@Martnor.1746 said:I really enjoy Wintersday. It's a nice relaxing festival. However, I find myself doing pretty much the same things as last year and it does take some joy out of it. I just end up doing one run of Toypocalypse and Tixx's Infinirarium. I like the JP and the choir but I can only do it so many times in one season. I know I should be doing something else in the game but I want to spend more time doing Wintersday themed activities.

The race was a nice addition. Can't we make an adventure out of it? Like the PoF adventures. However, instead of collecting supplies from different points, why not deliver gifts to different houses/people across Divinity's Reach in a limited time?

We could create wood logs donations to heat up people during the Winter to create a wood logs sink seeing as the prices are so low.

How about an actual Secret Santa for players! We give random fellow players a random gift. Make a system that allows participating players to give a gift to a random player. Although admittedly, this could be a more complicated system to introduce...

Just a few ideas to throw out there....

Some interesting ideas there.

As a heads up, there is a system that allows one to send gifts to other players, mail.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Martnor.1746" said:I really enjoy Wintersday. It's a nice relaxing festival. However, I find myself doing pretty much the same things as last year and it does take some joy out of it. I just end up doing one run of Toypocalypse and Tixx's Infinirarium. I like the JP and the choir but I can only do it so many times in one season. I know I should be doing something else in the game but I want to spend more time doing Wintersday themed activities.

As a heads up, there is a system that allows one to send gifts to other players, mail.

I know about the mail. But you wouldn't pick a random stranger on map to send a gift to (I would assume most wouldn't). And those people may not want to be part of a secret santa. So I was thinking of a system that allows you to join a Secret Santa participating lists and then you get allocated a random player. It doesn't have to be a fancy gift. Just a little something although maybe not "Broken Claws" :D The mere act of receiving a gift is always nice. Especially during Wintersday!

@Martnor.1746 said:

@Martnor.1746 said:I really enjoy Wintersday. It's a nice relaxing festival. However, I find myself doing pretty much the same things as last year and it does take some joy out of it. I just end up doing one run of Toypocalypse and Tixx's Infinirarium. I like the JP and the choir but I can only do it so many times in one season. I know I should be doing something else in the game but I want to spend more time doing Wintersday themed activities.

I know about the mail. But you wouldn't pick a random stranger on map to send a gift to (I would assume most wouldn't). And those people may not want to be part of a secret santa. So I was thinking of a system that allows you to join a Secret Santa participating lists and then you get allocated a random player. It doesn't have to be a fancy gift. Just a little something although maybe not "Broken Claws" :D The mere act of receiving a gift is always nice. Especially during Wintersday!

Hmm, I do pick random strangers for surprise gift giving. It seems more likely to positively impact them than someone going into a system with the expectation of getting a gift while giving one.

I am not at all opposed to your approach though.

Archived