Power Mesmer Fractal Footage

dontlook.1823

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

It actually isn't, you and 3 clones each have 3 beams, those beams all cleave 5 targets. So with 5 grouped up you get 3x6kish from you and 9x1kish from the clones per target per activation. You vapourise anything and there is no down time or recharge, you can keep spamming as long as things die. You basically get a 25-30k cleaving auto attack.

Spatial Surge power scaling is 1.35 on Mesmer.Let's assume that you do get 3 clones, and all of them deal the exact damage as you (which is false btw, clones only do about 20% of the main mes damage, im only doing this for assumptions sake for this really overbloated claim).

From there you get 1.35x4=5.4 per split Surge.Well of Calamity pulses 3 times with 0.5 on each pulse + 3.0 on its final, totalling to 4.5 power per WoC. Then we add ToT which hits twice and even more for big bosses, which deals at least 0.8 power damage then hitting twice for 1.6.Add them up you have a total of 6.1, which beats Split Surge, add in the inconveniency of spamming clones with your Sword autos on bosses, altogether its pretty bad. Outside of Jaunt, Crystal Sands and Mirage Cloak it doesn't provide much. Also try installing a dps meter to see how effective you really are. :)

Each split surge has 3 beams, each of those beams cleaves. You comparison is also just ridiculously wrong. You have used Well of Calamity and ToT vs 1 Split Surge, great now you need to wait for Well & ToT to come off CD while I am pushing Split Surge again and again and again, each time something dies I get 2 more Surges to kill something. Maybe you should actually try something before you pretend you have any clue about it.

Oh I play lots of GS Mirage in PvP, I know how it works. Each Beam can cleave through a target, so at most if the targets are packed together they can deal a lot of damage dealing 3 times the damage a beam could normally do. But which scenario would you have 3 clones, packed together, and they're still not dead yet? I tried it on the Fractal Golem, it deals about 20k dps. In comparison, a Chrono doing everything to kill the same golems has 10k dps using Focus Phantasms to cleave them and 18k with Sword Phantasms on a single target.

Not to mention you have to swap out Mirage for a boss cause how kitten Mirage Sword for PvE is and GS for single target.

So you tried it out on the literally worst possible target.. Have you tried it against 5 targets? No, because you would not be arguing with me if you had.

@Coulter.2315 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:Since you're using GS for trash I would suggest going Mirage, it has the most powerful and brutal power cleave Mesmer can do (especially if you have Stamina Sigil, I am seriously addicted to large numbers of mobs and ambush).

I mean you could use Power Chrono, get Chrono Phantasma, WoC, Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Tides of Time for better AoE.

It actually isn't, you and 3 clones each have 3 beams, those beams all cleave 5 targets. So with 5 grouped up you get 3x6kish from you and 9x1kish from the clones per target per activation. You vapourise anything and there is no down time or recharge, you can keep spamming as long as things die. You basically get a 25-30k cleaving auto attack.

Spatial Surge power scaling is 1.35 on Mesmer.Let's assume that you do get 3 clones, and all of them deal the exact damage as you (which is false btw, clones only do about 20% of the main mes damage, im only doing this for assumptions sake for this really overbloated claim).

From there you get 1.35x4=5.4 per split Surge.Well of Calamity pulses 3 times with 0.5 on each pulse + 3.0 on its final, totalling to 4.5 power per WoC. Then we add ToT which hits twice and even more for big bosses, which deals at least 0.8 power damage then hitting twice for 1.6.Add them up you have a total of 6.1, which beats Split Surge, add in the inconveniency of spamming clones with your Sword autos on bosses, altogether its pretty bad. Outside of Jaunt, Crystal Sands and Mirage Cloak it doesn't provide much. Also try installing a dps meter to see how effective you really are. :)

Each split surge has 3 beams, each of those beams cleaves. You comparison is also just ridiculously wrong. You have used Well of Calamity and ToT vs 1 Split Surge, great now you need to wait for Well & ToT to come off CD while I am pushing Split Surge again and again and again, each time something dies I get 2 more Surges to kill something. Maybe you should actually try something before you pretend you have any clue about it.

Oh I play lots of GS Mirage in PvP, I know how it works. Each Beam can cleave through a target, so at most if the targets are packed together they can deal a lot of damage dealing 3 times the damage a beam could normally do. But which scenario would you have 3 clones, packed together, and they're still not dead yet? I tried it on the Fractal Golem, it deals about 20k dps. In comparison, a Chrono doing everything to kill the same golems has 10k dps using Focus Phantasms to cleave them and 18k with Sword Phantasms on a single target.

Not to mention you have to swap out Mirage for a boss cause how kitten Mirage Sword for PvE is and GS for single target.

So you tried it out on the literally worst possible target.. Have you tried it against 5 targets? No, because you would not be arguing with me if you had.

I tried it on 4 targets, pulled them all in with a Focus. The Fractal Golem training can spawn 4 Vet Golems.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@dontlook.1823 said:I'm sure both specs are good in terms of cleaning up lower-tier mobs. I just like the continuity idea of having the build that will yield the highest single target damage which is core mesmer.

What? Condie clone mirage deals higher single target damage and higher trash cleave than any core mesmer build.

We are referring to Power Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage not Condi Mirage. I'm aware that it's stronger. I just wanted to show case Power Mesmer after some of the changes.

@dontlook.1823 said:

@Niksuli.9751 said:These kills are so slow that I'm surprised that you didn't fall asleep during them.

All three fractal dailies in the videos I post are finished in 30 minutes or less. That's fast enough for me.

I hope you mean 30 minutes for all 3 and not per fractal.... (excluding CM since doing those with T4 will push the time to 45 minutes with a good group)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Niksuli.9751 said:These kills are so slow that I'm surprised that you didn't fall asleep during them.

All three fractal dailies in the videos I post are finished in 30 minutes or less. That's fast enough for me.

I hope you mean 30 minutes for all 3 and not per fractal.... (excluding CM since doing those with T4 will push the time to 45 minutes with a good group)

Ya, of course. I said for all 3. Might have missed it since I spelled out three.. Idk

@dontlook.1823 said:

@"Niksuli.9751" said:These kills are so slow that I'm surprised that you didn't fall asleep during them.

Ya, of course. I said for all 3. Might have missed it since I spelled out three.. Idk

You said "all three", not for all three. One of both can be misunderstood.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Niksuli.9751" said:These kills are so slow that I'm surprised that you didn't fall asleep during them.

You said "all three", not for all three. One of both can be misunderstood.

Edited for clarification.

@"squallaus.8321" said:I think while this power build may not do top notch DPS, it probably has one of the simplest rotation in the game and is able to dish out moderate dps without really trying. I think anyone who is new or just casual to the game can use this for raid and fractals and do "ok".

Hmm, idk. Ive had a number of new Mesmer players ask about my build and rotation. Most of them grief about dieing a lot. Which is understandable for a new player you're highest DPS output is sustain by meleeing bosses and lower-tier enemies.

This would require one to have good knowledge of every boss encounter. Also pulling off burst for lower-tier enemies can be quite tricky since you are pressing buttons in tandem with one another as oppose to queing skills off cool down.

I would argue that it might be best to hand a new player something that can do effective range damage and be useful in more than one game mode. By this I would say Soulbeast, or Necromancer being the top choices for me. Necro being the top choice since they've one of the strongest defensive abilities shroud and barrier.

Archived