PvP Oriented Soulbeast Buffs

Soilder.3607

Hello, after playing Soulbeast extensively in PvP this season, I would like to make a post sharing where I think certain skills of this spec need to be buffed.

• Spiritual Retrieve - This is quite a good skill, but in the condition heavy meta, it should have its' casting time reduced to 1 second, and its' cooldown reduced to 30 seconds.
  • Photosynthesize - Good skill, but should have its' cast time reduced to 1/2 of a second.
  • Call Lightning (beastmode) - Good skill, and the reduced damage is fair considering the absurd amount of dmg done by the pet. But the tiny radius of the skill was initially done as a means of compromise for the high damage done by the pet when it uses this skill. Have the beastmode version be given a radius increase to 240 to balance its' damage reduction.
  • Worldly Impact - Another good skill, but hard to land without quickness. I think its' cast time should be reduced to 3/4 of a second, and in addition, it should be a ground targetable skill with a range of 600, similar to Sundering Leap. Reduce the damage if necessary, but this would go a long way in making the skill more useable.
  • Griffon Stance - Reduce the cooldown to 30 seconds.
  • One Wolf Pack - This skill is really phenomenal, and never leaves my bar. It allows you to burst targets with an insane amount of dps. However, I think it would be better suited to assist a Soulbeast in bursting if its' cooldown was reduced to 45 seconds, and in compromise the duration of the skill was reduced from 8 seconds to 6. This way, the skill can be used more often in an engagement.
  • Bear Stance - This skill is great, but only against condition users, otherwise the HPS is quite low. I think as a fair compromise, the healing done when consuming conditions should be cut in half, but the base healing should be upped by 50%. This way you are at less of a disadvantage when fighting a power oriented opponent.

Bug Fixes

• Bear Stance - It consumes twice the number of conditions as it's currently supposed to. In addition, when the skill is traited, the extra duration does not consume conditions at all.
  • Smoke Assault (beastmode) - It does half as much damage as it is supposed to.

That is all. Thanks for reading.

@Soilder.3607 said:

• Bear Stance - This skill is great, but only against condition users, otherwise the HPS is quite low. I think as a fair compromise, the healing done when consuming conditions should be cut in half, but the base healing should be upped by 50%. This way you are at less of a disadvantage when fighting a power oriented opponent.

I like this idea.

At a conceptual level, Soulbeast either needs to be able to quickly get into the skills it needs to access on the other pets Beastmode skillbar, or it needs more/better defensive options tied to stances/traits (ie condi removal).

Bear Stance is overloaded in functionality to compensate for the fact the rest of the spec basically has no defensive utility (worth using), and that's part of the design problem.

Archived