New 1v1/small scale build? [WvW Duels]

ades.1386

Hello,

Im working on creating a new thief build with a bit more survival and focus on crit/ ferocity, just wanted some feedback and opinions/ideas for improvement,I'm currently running Min's Acro Staff build but would like to try something different.

Current possible build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAoa6Yn8lCFmilOBGOBkmiFYCbLQtcSBzhwSYLULBEA2NA-jlCFQBXUJo60PoP1f43RAIJKDUoSvds/AAeAAI4EAsgDCApA0TrF-w

Thanks for the help!

Personally I feel like if you take hidden killer then you don't really need sigil of intelligence. Having shortbow for jukes and clusterbomb outweigh double d/p weapon swap. Without trickery you're taking a hit to max initiative and steal cd, which sucks because those are the only reasons most people take trickery :(

Anyway CS+DA is always risky. It'll make your stealth stacking more costly but if you land a backstab you're going to chunk.

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:Having shortbow for jukes and clusterbomb outweigh double d/p weapon swap.

one is p/d in his link tho, i dont really know why he would pick it - never was a fan of that p/d so i dont know the strengths of it.i do think in most 1 vs 1 scenarios Escapists Absolution is not as strong as Impacting Disrubtion, tho if you feel more comfortable with it you may take it against condition heavy classes. in 1 vs 1 i would use basi venom over impact strike, tho i would prefer impact strike for 1 vs X.especially fighting power builds in 1 on 1 you should consider taking weakening strikes over brawler's tenacity to get an up to 90% weakness uptime wich is super strong.iam not sure why you would run hidden killer with 74% crit chance, you could run no Quarter for 100% fury uptime wich will get you to 94% crit chance from front and 101% from back as long as you dont use SoA and a little less when used it, while it will give you more 250 ferocity wich is a nice damage boost.as for food, i think as raw damage food power + ferocity is better than power+ precision and as more sustain while good offence boost the lifeleech food is mostly a good option. not sure if the endurance food is ineffective while exhausted as i dont play with UC so i wont advise that.intelligence sigil with that crit chance is not needed, try severance ( on interrupt: +250 precision +250 ferocity) . as for runes i never played with wurms, but with scholar but i guess they are okeish, you could try vampirisim or with impacting disrution you could give surging a try - surging on my 2nd set won alot of fights for me.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:Having shortbow for jukes and clusterbomb outweigh double d/p weapon swap.

one is p/d in his link tho, i dont really know why he would pick it - never was a fan of that p/d so i dont know the strengths of it.i do think in most 1 vs 1 scenarios Escapists Absolution is not as strong as Impacting Disrubtion, tho if you feel more comfortable with it you may take it against condition heavy classes. in 1 vs 1 i would use basi venom over impact strike, tho i would prefer impact strike for 1 vs X.especially fighting power builds in 1 on 1 you should consider taking weakening strikes over brawler's tenacity to get an up to 90% weakness uptime wich is super strong.iam not sure why you would run hidden killer with 74% crit chance, you could run no Quarter for 100% fury uptime wich will get you to 94% crit chance from front and 101% from back as long as you dont use SoA and a little less when used it, while it will give you more 250 ferocity wich is a nice damage boost.as for food, i think as raw damage food power + ferocity is better than power+ precision and as more sustain while good offence boost the lifeleech food is mostly a good option. not sure if the endurance food is ineffective while exhausted as i dont play with UC so i wont advise that.intelligence sigil with that crit chance is not needed, try severance ( on interrupt: +250 precision +250 ferocity) . as for runes i never played with wurms, but with scholar but i guess they are okeish, you could try vampirisim or with impacting disrution you could give surging a try - surging on my 2nd set won alot of fights for me.

P/d strengths cater towards a condition or hybrid build. I would not use it in a pure power build as other sets provide more bang for the buck for pure power.

In Condition/hyrbid P/d has ample access to conditions along with decent utility. I consider it the best of the Condition weapons overall .

I am also a fan of Wurm Runes and in WvW in particular feel they outperform Scholars. Scholars allow a bigger upfront spike but the bonus is often short lived and you can die just too quickly in them to single attacks. If in scholars you have to ensure you get that first strike in. Wurm Runes will allow you to survive an initial burst giving you the opportunity to counter.

@babazhook.6805 said:I am also a fan of Wurm Runes and in WvW in particular feel they outperform Scholars. Scholars allow a bigger upfront spike but the bonus is often short lived and you can die just too quickly in them to single attacks. If in scholars you have to ensure you get that first strike in. Wurm Runes will allow you to survive an initial burst giving you the opportunity to counter.

well i have been playing for a long time with shadow arts and more roaming than duels, so i am probably a bit biased as with SA you easily can keep scholar buff for most of the time and need it for the damage loss for taking SA.

Archived