D/D Ele

Smakkage.6197

I know that fresh air ele and staff weaver are the best builds available. I've been having a TON of fun on D/D core ele. And I'm told that D/D Tempest is relatively good as well.My question is.. has anyone built a D/D weaver? Is it even possible? I've been playing around with it a little bit and have been unsuccessful thus far. I LOVE core D/D though. It's the funnest Ele build in my opinion. Especially when you teleport->nuke a low hp enemy. Has anybody else been having fun with D/D? Will it ever be viable again? Is it still viable for roaming? I use it mostly for PvE content. Just trying to get back into the play style. I see that some people use a WET D/D build for roaming but there are no recent comments. Not since PoF launch. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dagger weaver isnt good because of 2 reasons: Shocking aura and Burning speed are arbitrarily locked behind a double attunement.

Most other dual skills are alright but impractical, and sword is just better at the role that dagger wants to fulfill (hybrid damage bruiser). Isn't it sad? How every profession gets a new weapon that fills its own niche and is very different from one another, yet ele gets sword, a weapon that makes dagger redundant.

As above, DD weaver is vastly inferior to DD tempest. Sword Weaver is ok until you face an opponent that knows how to deal with a sword weaver then your great sustain just means you take a long time to die, or you hit stalemate. I tend to go DD in wvw for roaming and its ok (power/toughness/precision/ferocity/bit of heal/durability rules)

I've tried running Weaver D/D before and yes, some of the best skills for D/D is locked behind double attuning. Running Unravel does help quiet a bit, usually helping me get quick access to the offhand dagger skills on demand. And when its run right, I've found it to hit pretty hard and I actually enjoyed it a bit more than Sword/Dagger or /Focus. But having to trade a utility slot for it just doesn't seem like a good enough trade-off. :(

I have been researching d/d weavers as well, because I have a friend who really likes d/d ele.So far, based on my friends preferences on how he plays d/d ele, I can say the best way to do d/d weaver is to limit yourself between 2 weapon stances/elemental attunements and ignore the Weave Self Stance, because, it's best to have a stable,reliable fighting stance over juggling several situational fighting stances (this number can be an 8 if we count double attuning as going through 2 weapon stances/elemental swaps).

Archived