Old Account Renewed

Hello all, I played back at released for about a year, stopped playing because of life. I just downloaded this game again last night and see that my ANet account is still active, I purchased the expansions just now and logged in with the account I had when I first started playing the game. I get inside and it prompts me to create a character, all of my old characters are gone, which means all my gear and inventory is gone as well. I have submitted a ticket, but is this something that Anet can do? Are they able to give me back all my old characters? I was looking forward to having all my birthday presents and selling a few of my Halloween skins to get some cash to set me up for these expansions. As well as all my old perks back from WvW etc.

Achievement Points; found in the Hero Panel under Achievements. Or shows at the Character Select screen.

Many accounts that go unused for years have been compromised. The CS Team can and does offer Account Restorations. You would get your account restored back to the point before it was compromised. Your characters would not have aged, though, in the intermediate passed time, so no 5-year Birthday Gifts, I believe.

Good luck.

No, I had quite a bit, I don't know what happened. I had all my created characters at max with all exotic, several mounts max in wvw, had over 500 hours play time if I recall. I dont remember how many acievement points, but I would say possibly over 2k? I was near the top of those when I stopped

I think I figured out what happened. I made my forum account different from my actual game/client account, found my old email address from back in 2012 when I made it, sent in a ticket now just waiting on response. I was able to figure out my email, and got access to my old one, so when I tried to log in I tried to do a password recovery and send it to the account, however now that password recovery email is not getting sent to my email. So now I am trying to figure that one out.

Your login usually contains your email address at the time you first logged in, ie in your case in 2012.So if you log in using that old email addr in the form yourname@yourold_email_address you should end up back in your original account.That assumes you can remember your password form 2012.It sounds like you have created a brand new account which will have no chars in it.

Archived