Ranger Hunter's Call should require a Target to cast.

Zevix.1479

I'd take it a step farther, keep the lack of required target, and make it an AoE that can affect 3-5 targets within range.

Your suggestion is just a QoL though, mine is an actual buff, so I guess it would be up to determining whether the buff would contribute all that much to the power creep.

But yes, anything useful is an improvement.

@jcbroe.4329 said:I'd take it a step farther, keep the lack of required target, and make it an AoE that can affect 3-5 targets within range.

Your suggestion is just a QoL though, mine is an actual buff, so I guess it would be up to determining whether the buff would contribute all that much to the power creep.

I feel like that'd make Hunter's Call waaaaaaaay stronger than it is now... as much as i would love my favorite ranger skill to go from just calling a flock of birds to peck out someones eyes to straight up recreating the movie The Birds on the enemy team...

@Zevix.1479 said:For some reason I thought Hunter's Call blinded targets at or near launch.

Nope, never has, it's just one of the most widely called for buffs for the skill from us rangers, because having your face covered in birds trying to rip out your eyes makes 100% sense to me that it'd blind.

@jcbroe.4329 said:I'd take it a step farther, keep the lack of required target, and make it an AoE that can affect 3-5 targets within range.

Making Hunter's Call AOE would make it a suicide skill against targets with retaliation. If we assume 250 retal dmg per hit (it can get higher), that's already 4k dmg from one target with retal, 3 targets would deal 12k dmg and hitting 5 targets could result in taking 20k unavoidable dmg.

@Frozen.1347 said:

Making Hunter's Call AOE would make it a suicide skill against targets with retaliation. If we assume 250 retal dmg per hit (it can get higher), that's already 4k dmg from one target with retal, 3 targets would deal 12k dmg and hitting 5 targets could result in taking 20k unavoidable dmg.

The same exact thing happens with Barrage. There's no reason why we (or any other class) can't have nice things because 1 boon mechanic is designed poorly and more heavily persists at creating this issue in 1 gamemode (what you're suggesting is basically a nonissue in PvP and PvE).

Hunter's Call hits even more than Barrage, so it would be worse and it can be an issue in PvP too, not just in WvW. It is not about "rangers shoudn't get nice things", i just think that it wouldn't be as nice as it might look at first glance (whenever i see someone suggesting aoe Hunter's Call it reminds me of killing myself with mad king rune in PvP against a single chrono - with retal on his phantasms).

Lol aready have it. Its called whirling defense lol

Archived