Repeating Individual Story Instances?

Hello,

I'm having a bit of difficultly finding out how to do the following, myself, so some help would be appreciated.

Since I do not always go for collections immediately, if at all, I am very far behind in the Luminescent Armor Collection Series. Once I finally devoted time to complete it (About oh, 2 weeks ago), I have managed to get everything I need except the four Accessories which are collected through story line achievements. Unfortunately, this is where the issue comes into play. I started Echoes of the Past and reached "Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad". It has three achievements with in it. I failed to collect them. It didn't even show anything near my bars saying I could even get them, so I am not sure I was doing it right to begin with. Anyway, I completed the instance, failed and now it want's me to continue to part 4 "Hidden Arcana".

So now the big question: How do I repeat "Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad"? Do I have to complete all of Echoes of the Past, first? And if I fail again, repeat it all a third time?

Appreciate all the assistance offered!C

Out of curiosity and in case someone else has the same problem in the future and finds this topic can you let us know what you did to fix it?

I'm guessing the problem was that you were doing the story on a character who had not already completed it? Season 2 achievements can only be done on repeat playthroughs for some reason.(This was changed for HoT and everything after, but S2 was never changed.)

Also you don't have to play through the story in order to attempt the achievements. As well as the green star for the story you'll see purple ones for any instance which has achievements. Those will let you into the instances in any order so you can focus on the achievements you want to get.

Finally don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. You'd be surprised how many people are still working on Season 2 achievements (I'm hoping to finish the luminescent armour this week). LFG groups don't fill up instantly and may not fill up at all but finding 1-2 other people to help doesn't take long and it can make a big difference with some achievements. You could also ask your guilds to help, many people are willing to help guildies out even if they don't need to do it themselves.

Yes, it was the fact I had not yet completed the story instance on my 'new' main that prevented me from getting the achievements I was seeking.

Since you're working on the Armor as well, how many of the achieves are you still completing? I need 25, myself in four sections, and that'll pretty much close it out for me.

Admittedly, as a 'casual' player, some of the achieves are nearly head-ache inducing. (not that I won't work to solve them, but meh.. ) was already set to re-do silver wastes for eternity for the breach segments lol

C

Archived