Trait swap suggestion: honed axes for vicous quarry

Eleazar.9478

My suggestion for this that since skirmishing is more of a condi/hybrid trait line it should get axe as axes is more of a hybrid weapon, while on the other hand vicous quarry would be a nice boost to power builds and give the BM trait line (a very boon centric line too) dependable access to fury.

The cons of this would be Condi druid would get a Nerf as you couldn't trait the axes (feel like the aoe should be baseline anyways)

Thoughts? Just sucks to see a nice trait that would almost never use be wasted in a line more about crit chance and condition dps

Not so a bad idea IMO but its compeeding with the SB trait which is kinda bad.Both traits need an improvement though.Both should get some aspects of the trait improved and others made baseline.

To improve synergy in the line itself they should improve the hybrid capabbilities of beastmastery.

Minors:Pack Alpha: Should work similar to celestial gear, so it also improves condition dmg, ferocity and healing power. Maybe increase the stat number a little bit if possible.

Loud Whistle: Increase Precision for you and your pet while above the health threshhold.

Pets Prowess: Keep it as it is.

Adept:

Go for the eyes: Also applies some stacks of bleeding.

Potent ally and resounding timbre are good.

Master:

Wilting strike: Also add fast dmg pulses arround pet (similar to revenants shackling wave pulses) and add vuln per hit.

Two handed training: Keep

Natural healing -> Recovering furyYour pet has life steal, it does more dmg above health threshold. (its more active than just regen and i put the bonus dmg above health threshold from the old loud whistle on it)

Beastly warden: Add protection.

Zephyrs speed: Keep

Honed axes:Wintersbite AoE should be baseline.New effect: Gain increased crit chance and dmg when applying a condition to an enemy (all condis, including vuln, weakness etc) while wielding an axe. (1% per stack, about 20 stacks, so max 20% more crit chanceand dmg)Axe CD reduced.

-> every tier now has a trait that can be used in hybrid builds. It has power options, condi options and survival options.

For PvE the axe change could be fantastic and in PvP it wouldnt be that big if a deal because axe is not really competitive usable.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Honed axes:Wintersbite AoE should be baseline.New effect: Gain increased crit chance and dmg when applying a condition to an enemy (all condis, including vuln, weakness etc) while wielding an axe. (1% per stack, about 20 stacks, so max 20% more crit chanceand dmg)Axe CD reduced.

-> every tier now has a trait that can be used in hybrid builds. It has power options, condi options and survival options.

For PvE the axe change could be fantastic and in PvP it wouldnt be that big if a deal because axe is not really competitive usable.

There is a simpler change to it that might give it some use outside pve.Honed Axes: Increased attack speed while wielding an axe in either hand, gain 150 precision for each axe you wield. Axe skills have reduced recharge.

AoE Winter's Bite should be baseline, yes.

I think axe should just be power spec. Keep weakness cause I love that about axe. It's the only weapon we have that applies it. It's pretty hard to move axe traits imo but I think it goes well with skirmishing but skirmishing right now is so good it's possible to move it in NM and move the beast healing GM trait to BM. Also good choice on giving axe precision. I think Ranger in general should focus on precision and ferocity imo rather than power.

Archived