Purity of Purpose (trait)

Zaviel.1245

As a long-term engineer main this made me laugh harder than I have in days:

"Stimulant Supplier: This trait has been replaced with Purity of Purpose, which causes the engineer to convert a condition into a boon whenever they remove a condition."

The trait is good in and of itself but my focus is the name "Purity of Purpose." Purity of Purpose was a term Anet, in the past, used to justify balance changes the community mostly hated. As engineers we are used to that kind of treatment and moved on. To go and not only remember this, but to play upon it Anet showed real balls and this made me very happy. The 2/6/18 balance patch is all-in-all great for engineers so as a long-term engineer player I have this to say:

Thank you Anet, you made me smile today and whoever suggested naming this trait please give them a cookie.

The naming reminded me a bit of an in-joke in GW1.

At one point, they effectively removed a skill from PvP by making the PvP version of the skill have a super high energy cost (most skills cost energy in gw1), a super long cooldown and a super short duration. This became a meme among gw players, of course.

Later, a boss named after the balance dev responsible, Isaiah Cartwright, get's a skill called "Isaiah's Balance" which unflicted the cost and recharge on the next player skill used!

Its a joke/slap, IMO. First, they are saying they actually read all the shitpost about their work the engie forums tends to produce. Second, they provide a very mixed bag with this trait and reference attached. Is like saying: "We know what YOU think is good, thanks for the input, but we'll do what WE think is good anyway. So better show a smile, ok?"

I can respect that kind of retort, it is wise and right on point. And it made me laugh like a hyena while in the middle of a conference. NSFW!

Archived