Build Template System (and/or DPS metre): Get it here!

Lonecap.4105

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Biff.5312 said:That's all well and good but I'd still rather have built-in systems for this in the game. For one thing, ArcDPS doesn't work on my computer.

What do you mean it doesn't work? Maybe I can help.

Well I installed it, and it seemed to work. Then there was a patch, and I knew this would mean it would stop working until updated. So, I turned off the UI for it to show until I could get around to the upgrade. Then I updated ArcDPS, but since doing so have not been able to restore the UI to actually show on my screen. I also tried just deleting it entirely and starting over, installing it again - still doesn't show. So I've given up on it.

@Biff.5312 said:

@Biff.5312 said:That's all well and good but I'd still rather have built-in systems for this in the game. For one thing, ArcDPS doesn't work on my computer.

What do you mean it doesn't work? Maybe I can help.

Well I installed it, and it seemed to work. Then there was a patch, and I knew this would mean it would stop working until updated. So, I turned off the UI for it to show until I could get around to the upgrade. Then I updated ArcDPS, but since doing so have not been able to restore the UI to actually show on my screen. I also tried just deleting it entirely and starting over, installing it again - still doesn't show. So I've given up on it.

I see, so the shortcut to bring up the meter doesn't work at all (ALT+SHIFT+H)? I should say that you don't actually have to update with every patch. I haven't updated mine since the last balance patch, for example, and it will usually be only balance patches that require you to redownload a new .dll when Delta has made one.

I see, so the shortcut to bring up the meter doesn't work at all (ALT+SHIFT+H)? I should say that you don't actually have to update with every patch. I haven't updated mine since the last balance patch, for example, and it will usually be only balance patches that require you to redownload a new .dll when Delta has made one.

Yeah it doesn't work - in fact I see no indication that it's being recognized at all. I know the patch in question did create problems, which is why I removed the UI viewer - it was reading nonsense anyway.

I'd like to have it if it worked, but better still would be if ANet would just offer a built-in equivalent.

• 7 months later...

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:ArcDPS and its featured are unsupported 3rd party tools, created by a person not related to ArenaNet. Using these tools is putting your accounts on risk and ArenaNet already declared no help with any issues caused by these tools.

ArcDPS is not an excuse for Anet to not provide basic features like build templates players are asking for since before release in 2012.

This is not correct. Neither of these tools can collect personal account information or compromise your account. They are third-party but they have been approved by Anet.

Hell anet worked with the guy/girl for the build templates and the meter it self iirc.

ArenaNet is working on build templates.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2/p1

The FutureOver the past few months, astute players have been noticing a trend of updates and improvements to how our skill-slotting system works and have accurately speculated that the long-requested feature of build templates is in the works.

Archived