New legendary GS likely?

Plautze.6290

@"Crossaber.8934" said:The gen 1 legendary greatsword having 3 skin is actually a delusion. The eternity skin actually just sunrise and twilight day and night, it is totally not worth the cost by combining 2 legendaries. I remember there is one customized eternity gs created by a player, if his version is being used, i will definitely combine my sunrise and twilight in a heart beat.

Back to topic, there will be a gen 2 GS definitely, we will see.

Sorry, the old Eternity was how you stated, the new Eternity after AANET buffed it has a massive difference compared to Twilight/Sunrise.

1. The footfalls for Eternity are 3-4x larger and are 3d with little cosmic animations. That alone for some people would warrant the price increase. While Sunrise has small blue dots, and Twilight just has small black dots. It's a "night and day" difference.

2. The draw animation and blade trail for Eternity has a significantly larger pixel density. This is welcomed because the blade trail+draw animation is what attracts so many to these GSs.

3. While not as large as a difference to the top 2, the body aura and the flame aura on the blade for Eternity is significantly larger, at least twice as intense/flamey. You definitely notice this when the weapon is drawn in the world or character sheet.

4. While not as a dominant difference, the pummel being starry with a small trail is now iconic, instantly showing it is Eternity. It really does make it stand out as an identifying mark.

5. Very minor and more of a personal preference but having your blade change mid game to signify a day cycle is a great feeling, plus if you farm a lot you get to enjoy both dark/light version without swapping.

6. Another minor and personal preference but it's called "Eternity" the name feels more epic. :)

All of this is definitely justifiably for it's price increase, but yes the old Eternity was definitely lackluster for it's premium. The new GS would have to be absolutely unimaginable to beat the inter-dimensional art them of the Gen 1 legendary. I still get lost for ages changing my camera angle to see the other Universe in the footfalls, blade trail and blade itself. Some angles on a Norn you can #1 get a full circle and see nearly the whole landscape. I don't just think the Gen1 GS is utterly amazing for GW2 but over all MMOs.

I am still excited to see what the new GS will be though, but I don't think it will be out for a very long time. :)

@Despond.2174 said:

@"Crossaber.8934" said:The gen 1 legendary greatsword having 3 skin is actually a delusion. The eternity skin actually just sunrise and twilight day and night, it is totally not worth the cost by combining 2 legendaries. I remember there is one customized eternity gs created by a player, if his version is being used, i will definitely combine my sunrise and twilight in a heart beat.

Sorry, the old Eternity was how you stated, the new Eternity after AANET buffed it has a massive difference compared to Twilight/Sunrise.
  1. The footfalls for Eternity are 3-4x larger and are 3d with little cosmic animations. That alone for some people would warrant the price increase. While Sunrise has small blue dots, and Twilight just has small black dots. It's a "night and day" difference.
  2. The draw animation and blade trail for Eternity has a significantly larger pixel density. This is welcomed because the blade trail+draw animation is what attracts so many to these GSs.
  3. While not as large as a difference to the top 2, the body aura and the flame aura on the blade for Eternity is significantly larger, at least twice as intense/flamey. You definitely notice this when the weapon is drawn in the world or character sheet.
  4. While not as a dominant difference, the pummel being starry with a small trail is now iconic, instantly showing it is Eternity. It really does make it stand out as an identifying mark.
  5. Very minor and more of a personal preference but having your blade change mid game to signify a day cycle is a great feeling, plus if you farm a lot you get to enjoy both dark/light version without swapping.
  6. Another minor and personal preference but it's called "Eternity" the name feels more epic. :)

All of this is definitely justifiably for it's price increase, but yes the old Eternity was definitely lackluster for it's premium. The new GS would have to be absolutely unimaginable to beat the inter-dimensional art them of the Gen 1 legendary. I still get lost for ages changing my camera angle to see the other Universe in the footfalls, blade trail and blade itself. Some angles on a Norn you can #1 get a full circle and see nearly the whole landscape. I don't just think the Gen1 GS is utterly amazing for GW2 but over all MMOs.

I am still excited to see what the new GS will be though, but I don't think it will be out for a very long time. :)

it is different in effect, yes stronger effect, but the basic mesh model is almost exactly the same to sunrise and twilight besides the hilt gem. I am not exactly using legendary for the effect, if possible, i would toggle off the foot fall immediately.

Well, the mesh model is beautiful, which is what i am in love with my sunrise and twilight, but the day and night theme for eternity is what really stop me seriously. I am looking forward to gen2 legendary greatsword.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:The gen 1 legendary greatsword having 3 skin is actually a delusion. The eternity skin actually just sunrise and twilight day and night, it is totally not worth the cost by combining 2 legendaries. I remember there is one customized eternity gs created by a player, if his version is being used, i will definitely combine my sunrise and twilight in a heart beat.

it is different in effect, yes stronger effect, but the basic mesh model is almost exactly the same to sunrise and twilight besides the hilt gem. I am not exactly using legendary for the effect, if possible, i would toggle off the foot fall immediately.

Well, the mesh model is beautiful, which is what i am in love with my sunrise and twilight, but the day and night theme for eternity is what really stop me seriously. I am looking forward to gen2 legendary greatsword.

Fair enough. :)

If the weapon model is what you're mainly after and have no concern for all the animation/aura/footfall effects etc I can definitely understand why it may not be worth it. For me personally though the effects and the inter-dimensional world being shown through them all is just as equal to the model itself. It definitely makes it stand out more than any other legendary - effects wise. If they had not buffed all the effects over the other 2 I probably wouldn't have bothered with it.

I can't wait too. There are quite a few other GS models in the game I like as well, but I don't use them anymore.

Archived