New legendary GS likely?

Plautze.6290

Hey folks!

I was wondering what you guys are thinking whether there will be another legendary GS in the near future (maybe even next episode...?) or if you say "Sunrise + Twilight + Eternity is more than enough.". Perhaps there is some rumor about a new legendary GS? Share the wisdom please =)

Thanks in advance!

I would say a new legendary gs is more than likely. Even though the gs got special treatment in the first generation of legendaries it is unlikely that it would mean no second generation gs. Could see them adding it last though... maybe...Besides the gs we still need, dagger, scepter, warhorn and longbow... I believe we are getting 1 legendary with each new episode of LS, so it can end up being quite a while still, and we wont know untill it later on.

@MikeL.8260 said:Well the Eternity trio remains one of the best looking legendaries, Eternity itself probably THE best since it combines two in one and then some, I'd rather see other weapons get the same treatment.

If you are into all that manga huge sword style, then yes. Alas, tastes may differ.For me personally, getting the Eternity trio is not worth the effort. Thus, this thread was created. I hope for a nice legendary GS in the style of the Shining Blade perhaps. But as I said, tastes may differ.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Sadly I don’t think it will happen in a good while. Not until every other weapon has at least two Legendaries to their names.

No way. The current family of GSs is gen 1.They will make a full (minus aquatic) set of gen 2. Thus, gen 2 will get a GS.

Sometime among the nearest 5 LW releases we'll get a new GS. I'd bet it'll be last, but I wouldn't bet much.

The gen 1 legendary greatsword having 3 skin is actually a delusion. The eternity skin actually just sunrise and twilight day and night, it is totally not worth the cost by combining 2 legendaries. I remember there is one customized eternity gs created by a player, if his version is being used, i will definitely combine my sunrise and twilight in a heart beat.

Back to topic, there will be a gen 2 GS definitely, we will see.

@"Plautze.6290" said:Hey folks!

I was wondering what you guys are thinking whether there will be another legendary GS in the near future (maybe even next episode...?) or if you say "Sunrise + Twilight + Eternity is more than enough.". Perhaps there is some rumor about a new legendary GS? Share the wisdom please =)

Thanks in advance!

There will definetly be one, since they're doing a full set (minus water weapons), but because there's already 3 of them it's probably going to be the final legendary weapon (unless it fits thematically with one of the earlier episodes).

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:It's 100% sure to happen, 5 remaining gen 2 legendary weapons (including GS) for 5 remaining chapters of LS.

AFAIK they never said how many episodes season 4 is going to be.

I know but that's the most likely scenario.

I would say yes if we expect new expac being released at the beginning of 2019. Keep in mind we had 9 months of nothing after HoT until LW3 started. But LW4 released right after PoF. So either they expand pauses between episodes to 3 months always or we get more episodes to get next expac about 2 years after PoF.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:It's 100% sure to happen, 5 remaining gen 2 legendary weapons (including GS) for 5 remaining chapters of LS.

I would say yes if we expect new expac being released at the beginning of 2019. Keep in mind we had 9 months of nothing after HoT until LW3 started. But LW4 released right after PoF. So either they expand pauses between episodes to 3 months always or we get more episodes to get next expac about 2 years after PoF.They can always do a season 5
without
an expac in between seasons. There was no expac between s1 and s2.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I would say yes if we expect new expac being released at the beginning of 2019. Keep in mind we had 9 months of nothing after HoT until LW3 started. But LW4 released right after PoF. So either they expand pauses between episodes to 3 months always or we get more episodes to get next expac about 2 years after PoF.They can always do a season 5
without

I wouldn't use s1 and s2 as any indicator here. At that time game had no clear direction. It changed only about HoT. Especially during s1 they believed they can deliver expansion worth of content with these releases. Also, why making 2 seasons between expacs when you can just make single season with 10 or 12 episodes?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

without

I wouldn't use s1 and s2 as any indicator here. At that time game had no clear direction. It changed only about HoT. Especially during s1 they believed they can deliver expansion worth of content with these releases. Also, why making 2 seasons between expacs when you can just make single season with 10 or 12 episodes?Story continuity and pacing. That way they can change story midway, and don't need to do a single massive story arc.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

without

I wouldn't use s1 and s2 as any indicator here. At that time game had no clear direction. It changed only about HoT. Especially during s1 they believed they can deliver expansion worth of content with these releases. Also, why making 2 seasons between expacs when you can just make single season with 10 or 12 episodes?Story continuity and pacing. That way they can change story midway, and don't need to do a single massive story arc.

Unless they want to.

Still leaning towards the Scepter being the Scepter of Orr at some point. Would be interesting if Livia returned and had something to do with the resolution of our current Awakened problem.

I imagine if we get that Gandara? Fortress zone at some point we would get a similarly themed longbow for that release.

If we get Dakjah Isles I can see a warhorn or a dagger. (Somekind of Corsair themed dagger?)

Greatsword will most likely be the last one though. Being such a popular weapon I imagine it will be the one they have the most difficult time making a design decision on because it could be extremely poorly received depending on the theme.

What theme greatsword would you want?

I'm leaning towards it being potentially made out of a piece of Kralk and being a giant crystalline blade that has a crystalline effect on your character similar to the way Colossus has metallic. (Could make a potentially perfect Mesmer greatsword.)

Only other theme I can think of that might fit would be something fitting the Elona region wielded by some primordial king or something.

Definitely looking forward to another one I might actually want to pursue. Ipos is great, but I don't really use focus on anything so unless they release an elite spec that uses it and fits the theme like a demon-summoning or lich-type necro spec I'll probably pass.

And really hoping the Longbow has unique projectiles similar to the legendary bow in World of Warcraft with the blue arrows.

Warhorn I'm kind of hoping gets an Ipos treatment and has a little bit more flash. Maybe some on use effect that creates faintly visible people marching or a character overlay of whoever owned the character appearing like an aura when they use it. I don't know. I don't really use warhorn either though but the idea of having a musical themed Mesmer elite spec with a flashy warhorn sounds appealing. lol

Archived