PvP Build for sword/shield holosmith help and tips appreciated.

Xeneth.9260

Hello everyone,I just picked up the holosmith recently and wanted to make a decent build for PvP, I usually experiment and make my own.... But didn't work out all that well so far, I'm getting pooped on as we speak and we all know it stops being fun after the 3rd time. :tired_face:

I'm using a mix of berserker/marauder gear, trying to make sword and shield work, my specs are as follows :Alchemy : 1-2-3Tools: 1-3-1Holosmith : 3-2-1

Support skills : A.E.D/Healing turret, Laser Disk, Elixir C, Elixir B, Prime Light Beam.

Would you recommend that I make any changes ?

For a sword/shield build I would recommend using grandmaster trait 2 in the holosmith spec, as it will be better for more survivability. Going into a close range scenario, you need that survivability, since you don't have the evades that a thief has. Alchemy has good synergy with inventions now, and you can run hard light arena with a few traits to have it act as a condition clear, on top of having condi clear from coolant blast toolbelt skill. One build I have theorycrafted is this:Alchemy: 2,1,3Inventions: 1, 3, 1Holosmith: 2, 3, 2 (you can roll 2, 2, 2 for more stability support)

That trait choice should help it survive, while also not holding back your ability to deal bruiser damage. Might even be able to run demolisher's amulet with it, though I have not tested this out yet. You would then want to run these utils/healcoolant blast (high heat = damage reduction), hard light arena (condi clear + protection and other boons), elixir C (possibly), spectrum shield (stun break and all damage reduction on low cd based on heat), elite supply crate (or holo elite laser).Depending on the situation too, you can switch elix c out for something more offensive, like laser disc for more damage, or elixir gun for more self sustain and a little team support.

I would seriously consider elite mortar. the combo finishers you can do with that can be very very useful. you can blast the light field for condi clear, leap in the poison field for weakness which will destroy most power builds, and combo the water field for heals. not to mention the blind and chill are great tools for defense and kiting. also if youre taking inventions for the prot cleanse alchemy isn't all that necessary. I think explosives 223 is better. maybe even tools 223 with utility goggle and slick shoe.

I strongly recommend Inventions for Sw/Sh Holo, as it has fantastic synergy with your offhand: Over Shield means more reflects and blocks and combined with Anticorrosion Plating means your 4 and 5 cleanse allies. Currently Alchemy has good synergy with Inventions, being able to cleanse additional conditions off Protection Injection and turn cleansing into purification with Purity of Purpose (alternatively HGH is still solid, though not as good before the Alchemy cleansing nerf). If you go Inventions + Alchemy, I recommend Experimental Turrets for additional protection and thus additional cleansing off Thumper Turret (though Mecha-Legs is a serious contender for the mobility). Alchemy is probably the most flexible - I've been thinking about swapping it with Firearms 3,3,3 for crit synergy or Tools 1,2,1 for buffing off toolbelt and anti-stealth, but haven't tested those thoughts.I've been runningInventions: 1,1,1 (going to experiment with 1,3,1)Alchemy: 2,2,2 ( though Comeback Cure is a valid alternative due to all the cleanses you have + Energy Amplifier and HGH is still viable)Holosmith: 2,2,2 - Solar Focusing Lens seems weaker unless you open with your AA chain; the stability off Eclipse is fantastic but Zephyr is a worthy alternative given how often Holo Leap is up ; Vent Exhaust is weakened by the Minesweeper nerf - still viable, but feels weaker than the alternatives.

Skills: Healing Turret is solid, though the vigor off Experimental Turrets is less valuable post-Minesweeper, it's still a fine boon; AED I don't like personally but in theory it's mass cleanse is fantastic with Purity of Purpose; Coolant Blast of course synergises with Photon Forge as well as being an AoE chill; Elixir H synergises with HGH if you take that, but unfortunately the protection is a random roll so it has only random synergy with Anticorrosion PlatingThumper Turret (if you take Experimental Turrets over Mecha Legs): another source of cleanse via protection, a stunbreaker on the toolbelt, and its overcharge can clear points. If you took Mecha Legs, probably put an elixir of choice here instead.Hard Light Arena: fantastic for dueling scourges, will be a constant source of boons and (with Anticorrosion Plating) cleanses via protection.Elixir Gun: a ranged option (though you do have gap-closers they are horizontal and a lot of maps demand upward fire), and its 3 and 5+4 are cleanses. Note that 4 & 5 are elixirs and thus synergise with HGH if you opt for that.Prime Light Beam: while Mortar Kit is a solid alternative due to the fantastic amount of combos you can pump out with it, PLB is incredible in Conquest for clearing points or scattering enemies who are attempting a clutch rez.

With all the boons coming off Purity of Purpose, I've been running Surging runes + Marauder Amulet, which hits 68% boon duration.

messing around with holo master trait storm is fun too lol. people don't know what to do when they are getting hit by you at range :P. its also an excellent way to deal with scourges and some heavy melee classes since you can pretty much kite them all day long with holo leap. except this is pvp were talking about, player vs point and not player vs player...

Archived