Second Precursor of gen2 legendaries

Hello, earlier today i wanted to craft for the second time "Astralaria".I was really disapointed to find out that you can only craft 1 precursor thought i already have all the ingredients to craft another "The Mechanism"!!!

Really wish i could do another "Astralaria", and i don't see the point of blocking that by a "you have already crafted this item", i mean if people want to craft another precusor (which btw cannot be sold) just to have a ascended weapon, they are loosing, they may as well do the ascended axe direclty cost way less that the precursor..

Why would you block that kind of action?? Is it really intended?? Will this be unlocked in the future??

@"atomic asteroidz.7381" said:Hello, earlier today i wanted to craft for the second time "Astralaria".I was really disapointed to find out that you can only craft 1 precursor thought i already have all the ingredients to craft another "The Mechanism"!!!

Really wish i could do another "Astralaria", and i don't see the point of blocking that by a "you have already crafted this item", i mean if people want to craft another precusor (which btw cannot be sold) just to have a ascended weapon, they are loosing, they may as well do the ascended axe direclty cost way less that the precursor..

Why would you block that kind of action?? Is it really intended?? Will this be unlocked in the future??

And FYI the other precursor (without collection) of the 2gen legendaries (ex: endeavor) don't have the "you have already crafted this item", so could you craft them a second time?

It was intended, why? No one knows? It's one of those decisions that make no sense like time gating, and involving crafting into purchasing ascended armor and weapons (which should be the alternative to crafting).Honestly, i don't know how those decisions go through their vetting processes. But after hearing some tales from devs (like one person getting the approval for their PoF story episode after PoF launched) i'm going to bet that some stuff isn't really vetted, goes into the game and then, because Arena Net has a hard time owning up to past mistakes, it stays in game.Honestly, since there's even an achievement for having two of the same legendary weapon, it really doesn't make sense to limit that to the original legendaries (who's precursors can drop and be traded).

The achievement is there thanks to the implementation of the Wardrobe system after people had gone to the effort of making and binding two identical legendaries so they could dual wield the skins. It was put in as a small sop to those players, who de facto could only have done this with the original ones as that's all there was at the time. It's not there as incentive to double the effort now that we have the Wardrobe and multiple skins for the same weapon.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:It was intended, why? No one knows? It's one of those decisions that make no sense like time gating, and involving crafting into purchasing ascended armor and weapons (which should be the alternative to crafting).Honestly, i don't know how those decisions go through their vetting processes. But after hearing some tales from devs (like one person getting the approval for their PoF story episode after PoF launched) i'm going to bet that some stuff isn't really vetted, goes into the game and then, because Arena Net has a hard time owning up to past mistakes, it stays in game.Honestly, since there's even an achievement for having two of the same legendary weapon, it really doesn't make sense to limit that to the original legendaries (who's precursors can drop and be traded).

That achievement was put into the game since people crafted 2 legendaries before the wardrobe feature to get 2 legendary weapons that looked the same. ( they felt kinda robbed when you could later just reskin a exotic to get the same effect.)

@Linken.6345 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:It was intended, why? No one knows? It's one of those decisions that make no sense like time gating, and involving crafting into purchasing ascended armor and weapons (which should be the alternative to crafting).Honestly, i don't know how those decisions go through their vetting processes. But after hearing some tales from devs (like one person getting the approval for their PoF story episode after PoF launched) i'm going to bet that some stuff isn't really vetted, goes into the game and then, because Arena Net has a hard time owning up to past mistakes, it stays in game.Honestly, since there's even an achievement for having two of the same legendary weapon, it really doesn't make sense to limit that to the original legendaries (who's precursors can drop and be traded).

That achievement was put into the game since people crafted 2 legendaries before the wardrobe feature to get 2 legendary weapons that looked the same. ( they felt kinda robbed when you could later just reskin a exotic to get the same effect.)

You could always reskin an exotic to get the same effect (but you never could, or can get the achievement by reskinning).

@Donari.5237 said:The achievement is there thanks to the implementation of the Wardrobe system after people had gone to the effort of making and binding two identical legendaries so they could dual wield the skins. It was put in as a small sop to those players, who de facto could only have done this with the original ones as that's all there was at the time. It's not there as incentive to double the effort now that we have the Wardrobe and multiple skins for the same weapon.

The point isn't the wardrobe, i want to craft another one, mostly for stat swaping and because i want to.

People at Anet seems to be too busy to even answer anything... sigh.

@atomic asteroidz.7381 said:

@Donari.5237 said:The achievement is there thanks to the implementation of the Wardrobe system after people had gone to the effort of making and binding two identical legendaries so they could dual wield the skins. It was put in as a small sop to those players, who de facto could only have done this with the original ones as that's all there was at the time. It's not there as incentive to double the effort now that we have the Wardrobe and multiple skins for the same weapon.

The point isn't the wardrobe, i want to craft another one, mostly for stat swaping and because i want to.

People at Anet seems to be too busy to even answer anything... sigh.

For an individualized response, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link.As to this particular question, you can find it answered by Devs in the old forums (accessed via the archive), which is how veteran forum-users are aware of the reason.

Good luck.

Archived