Which profession should I settle on...?

Drson.4730

@"Nimon.7840" said:As a necro main, id have to say: play warrior or mesmer.Well as much as i like necro. As long as it doenst get a rework or some pretty good buffs, i dont recommend playing it.You will be disappointed very fast by all the bugs (reaper) or the intentional lag (scourge).Sure. If you dont really want to play go necro, take minions and let them play the game for you. But thats not possible in fracs. You will be kicked very fast :D

You are right about necro ... sadly....

Eventually I settled, for now, on Guardian, playing Dragonhunter now actually :D I really like Great Swords... and I really like both new specializations survivability, damage and utility :)

I love that "meta" builds of Dragonhunter and Firebrand both use ranged weapon, scepter, which isnt that fun to be fair ... but still the variety in combat is nice.

I really like Firebrand also, I prefer Power builds I found out, even if I feel Firebrand is stronger overall, I will probably switch to Firebrand (since I was able to buy all the nice new weapons skins for this spec) after I get all the VIper trinkets, using the info from Khailyn :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zaraki.5784 said:Ele, mesmer, warrior or ranger (druid).Choose one of these four since they are and will always be anet's favourite thus part of meta.

I really like Ele and Mesmer out of these...

Ele is fun but quite squishy.

And Mesmer I like, and it is quite obvious to recognize as Anets favorite child :D But I kind of feel like mesmer has too much burst focused damage, with a lot of just autoattack downtime, or maybe Im just playing it wrong. Also I dont like its focus on mellee.

Also dont you feel like Guardian is also always going to be part of Meta?

@Drson.4730 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:Ele, mesmer, warrior or ranger (druid).Choose one of these four since they are and will always be anet's favourite thus part of meta.

I really like Ele and Mesmer out of these...

Ele is fun but quite squishy.

And Mesmer I like, and it is quite obvious to recognize as Anets favorite child :D But I kind of feel like mesmer has too much burst focused damage, with a lot of just autoattack downtime, or maybe Im just playing it wrong. Also I dont like its focus on mellee.

Also dont you feel like Guardian is also always going to be part of Meta?

Well now it is in meta but sometimes ago it wasn't, I can't be sure of anything but I'd bet fewer on guard than the 4 aforementioned professions. Don't get me wrong, I really like guardian but if I were to settle on a single profession, it would not be a guardian.

I think everyone has this issue to a point. I play 99% solo, so I want a profession I enjoy and can run content with. Weaver is my absolute favorite, and before the expansions my main was a dagger/dagger ele, however in HoT content there is just too much CC and AoE in melee range and he gets worked. My pistol/pistol daredevil would be next. Really good single target damage, knockdown resistance traited, and decent AoE with staff, but easily ganged up on (not even counting those shadowbeast things that are terrible). My soulbeast is a condition build, I can solo pretty much every champion, but its just not as fun to play as weaver or thief. I have just started leveling a remenant because I like the concept/story, but its too early to tell if I will stick with it as its not 80 yet.

So don't feel bad you can't decide.. lots of people can't.

@"schmots.6803" said:I think everyone has this issue to a point. I play 99% solo, so I want a profession I enjoy and can run content with. Weaver is my absolute favorite, and before the expansions my main was a dagger/dagger ele, however in HoT content there is just too much CC and AoE in melee range and he gets worked. My pistol/pistol daredevil would be next. Really good single target damage, knockdown resistance traited, and decent AoE with staff, but easily ganged up on (not even counting those shadowbeast things that are terrible). My soulbeast is a condition build, I can solo pretty much every champion, but its just not as fun to play as weaver or thief. I have just started leveling a remenant because I like the concept/story, but its too early to tell if I will stick with it as its not 80 yet.

So don't feel bad you can't decide.. lots of people can't.

i have all but a warrior and i still cant decide

i separated it to a "what i want to do" and "how do i want to do it" and i let that run for a month then i change loli main necro for story, thief for fractials, wvw is scourge, and i wanted to try mesmer so i decided to roll an ele.

i guess just play a class till it gets boring then try another class, unless its end game content like raids and meta stuff then i suggest looking at what is always needed and if that appeals to your play style, ex chronomancers are always in

@Arlette.9684 said:For Zerg go, Revenant, Firebrand, Scourge.For Roaming go Mesmer over Thief any day in the current meta.For SPvP go Druid.For open world go... whatever.For Raids go... uuum druid? Warrior?

I mostly play Open World and Fractals ... I mostly play Dragonhunter now :)

Although Weaver and Chronomancer are my other go to classes :)

How are Raids in GW2 is it a couple of hours job, not beign able to even go to a toilet, organizing 40 people like in old WoW? :D

Just as a note, I dont like classical Raids, like in WoW, just because the game changes to a job for me... and it looses its fun factor

Archived