Just hit level 80 now

Axl.8924

I like to use sword/sword and greatsword for open world PvE. Wear power/precision/ferocity gear (start with Berserkers and put on more Vitality until you're comfortable with your ability to not die).

I use Domination/Dueling/Chronomancer. If I wasn't using greatsword I'd use Illusions instead of Domination, but Imagined Burden is a great boost to your damage with greatsword because it lets you summon two Phantasmal Berserkers with each cast (they each do 25% less damage, but that still adds up to 150% damage so it's absolutely worth it). Take Chronophantasma in the Chronomancer line. Have yourself a real good time.

I use the power dps chrono build, you can find it here: https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/

Only difference is that I tend to use different off-hand weapons depending on the situation. Sword/sword is my most common set, but for the second set, I tend to use shield instead of focus. Focus is nice for the pull, but the phantasm is single target, and off-hand sword already covers that. Shield is an excellent weapon after the rework, as the phantasm does almost as much damage as the GS Berzerker in a nice AOE, and Tides is another great aoe that can hit 10 targets. On to top that, you get great survivabilty and cc.

Greatsword is also nice for when you need range, but when you use it, it's best to change your traits, swapping Illusions for Domination (2, 2, 1).

Archived