[Balance] WvW & Projectile block skills

Nirvana.8659

One of the things that cripple more the engineer in WvW is for sure the projectile block/absirbition/reflect that made granades and mortar totally ineffective . In EU t1 like i said into antoher post , 3/4 of my attacks are blocked or reflected by this bobbles from guardians,mesmers,eles,scrappers, etc.

This is not a problem crippling our class only,but every "minor" class that relay on projectiles attacks when it comes to big fights that are filled with this bobbles.

What if this anti-projectile skills , bubbles, walls , domes everything that blocks or reflect projectiles , get a damage cap(10.000 / 20.000 is not important,i'm speaking of the mechanic only atm)?For examples : guardians wall of reflection can reflect projectiles untill the total ammout of damage hitting the walls hits a 10.000 damage cap , after that , the wall cannot reflect damage anymore.Exactly like barriers work.And do this for every projectlie block/reflect skill , every skills get a maximum ammout of damage that can be reflectet/blocked/absorbed .

What do you think?Would it make our granades more playable considering enemy must use brain and time-chain this relfect/block skills?Would a mechanic like this improve the WvW experience for the other classes that are tipically left out of squads (engineers,thieves,rangers) ?

@Kaizoku.1298 said:No can do. They will be destroyed before you even use the skill in WvW. Would be waste of skill slot if you use wall of reflection and other skills of the same type.

This reflective/blocking projectile skills at the moment have durations between 3-8 seconds , don't you find it overpowered when it comes to zerg fight?You say it would be a waste of skill slot , but as it is it makes a whole class a waste if it relays on projectiles.Don't you think ?

@Nirvana.8659 said:

@Kaizoku.1298 said:No can do. They will be destroyed before you even use the skill in WvW. Would be waste of skill slot if you use wall of reflection and other skills of the same type.

This reflective/blocking projectile skills at the moment have durations between 3-8 seconds , don't you find it overpowered when it comes to zerg fight?You say it would be a waste of skill slot , but as it is it makes a whole class a waste if it relays on projectiles.Don't you think ?

There would be no reason to use those skills if they won't even last half second. Your approach to fix this problem is wrong.

I just returned to the game and running my Ranger around in WvW. I'd say a good 2/3s of my ranged attacks are blocked or evaded. Not sure about the projectile barriers because I haven't seen a visual on my end for that many occurring.Personally, I think projectile barriers are a good concept. Yet the problem with every mmorpg that I have ever played, over the past 15 years, has been balancing PvP. I don't think it's possible. At least not with the current design concepts and/or limitations within the mmorpg development community.

It's not about the time/duration of projectile block skills , it's the fact that such kind of skills has only "duration" as limit , and can reflect indefinite ammount of damage in very large areas . This way , especially in the most exciting part of 2 enemy zerg collision becomes the most frustrating part for classes relaying on projectiles.

No seriusly...literally 3/4 of my hits gets reflected or blocked in large areas , don't put any kind of limitation to this it's a poor design choice (that is around from long time now).

Of course then i log on another class like a revenant , or a scourge , or a weaver or a firebrand , because , part of their advantage is taht they don't relay on projectiles to do damage.

I don't know if anyone in the developer team has ever thought about that ... reflect / block projectile skills that have as only limit their duration...and not a damage cap like barriers for example.

Archived