If I Block Some One Will I Still See Them Here?

@Cynder.2509 said:Sadly no, but I hope it will be a thing in the future since I got attacked a lot of times in the old forums and I'm too afraid to use the forums on my own area (Germany) because I fear that there's more drama to come. I mean, getting death threats isn't a nice thing and I think these people should be able to get blocked if I couldn't at least report them. (Yes, I reported them multiple times but still nothing happened)

Been there, done that, have the screenshots to remind me just how sick some people online really can be.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:Sadly no, but I hope it will be a thing in the future since I got attacked a lot of times in the old forums and I'm too afraid to use the forums on my own area (Germany) because I fear that there's more drama to come. I mean, getting death threats isn't a nice thing and I think these people should be able to get blocked if I couldn't at least report them. (Yes, I reported them multiple times but still nothing happened)

Been there, done that, have the screenshots to remind me just how sick some people online really can be.

Seems like ancient history at this point, this person was not some sicko that would harass me in game; I just believed at the time that person crossed a line by disrespecting me by getting some one else involved as opposed to talking, admittedly though I think things in the forum exchange became acrimonious rather rapidly. Considering how things work around here it could have been any one that got these other people involved which considering where I am at the moment I can not mention the other party by name because of the rules of this microverse we're talking in at the moment.

@"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:I just blocked some one in game because I'm tired of associating with them in the forums and quite frankly I believe there's a bias. If I have to do it here please let me know thank you.

Edit: failed to notice this was a necro of an old thread. Leaving this here for whoever did bring it back.

As others have said, no. You might want to check out the extensions available for whatever browser you use, and see if there is a "spoiler blocker" that can block their name and comments out; I don't use them myself, but I have seen them lay claim to the ability to block the headline and body, and most forums are pretty regular in terms of generated output, so it isn't too hard to get it working.

Personally, I applaud your decision. Regardless of the truth of your feelings, if you find someone a constant annoyance, just not dealing with it is almost certainly the best thing you can do for the both of you: no doubt they could say something similar, and nobody wins from arguing all the time. :)

• 2 months later...

@Fenom.9457 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:you can not block someone on the forums.

But it sure would be nice if we could. :(

I really wish we could too, because there's some really salty and holier-than-thou posters in these forums.

How dare you imply I'm
not
the greatest person on the internet?

That made me chuckle, thanks for that. :)

Archived