Signing into Support page broken! (Firefox)

@"Kong.3280" said:Working fine for me. Try a different browser. What are you using?

Firefox, and never had this issue before. Also, there has not been an update of FF in two weeks, so I doubt it's that.

This is what the browser URL changes to when I click the "Sign in" link on the Support page:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/signin?return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.guildwars2.com%2Fhc%2Fen-us&locale=1

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Since it's really easy to try another browser, why not double check? Sometimes software behaves unexpectedly.

Sorry, I was completely engulfed with the latest episode yesterday. ;)

It is indeed a browser related issue. The link converts/redirects correctly to the login session URL in another browser (Chrome). Hmph. I had to copy said URL from Chrome to FF in order to be able to log in using the latter.

Anyone have a fix?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Since it's really easy to try another browser, why not double check? Sometimes software behaves unexpectedly.

Sorry, I was completely engulfed with the latest episode yesterday. ;)That's a good thing :) Glad you're enjoying it (or at least, distracted by it).

It is indeed a browser related issue. The link converts/redirects correctly to the login session URL in another browser (Chrome). Hmph. I had to copy said URL from Chrome to FF in order to be able to log in using the latter.I use a couple of plug-ins that sometimes interfere with some sites ability to convert links, usually because the site uses some complicated redirect system... and my plug-ins attempt to prevent that.

Anyone have a fix?I stopped signing into the support site. If I have a request/report, I submit it anonymously and track progress via email. It's not a "fix," but a work-around that works for me.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Since it's really easy to try another browser, why not double check? Sometimes software behaves unexpectedly.

Sorry, I was completely engulfed with the latest episode yesterday. ;)

It is indeed a browser related issue. The link converts/redirects correctly to the login session URL in another browser (Chrome). Hmph. I had to copy said URL from Chrome to FF in order to be able to log in using the latter.

Anyone have a fix?

What version of Firefox are you using and what addons/plugins do you have installed?

I'm using Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 64bit, no issues for me.

Archived