Countering Deadeye's Mark?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"Jinks.2057" said:Just run away from a SA stealth abusing DE. It's that simple.

Rule of thumb vs any thief who is abusing stealth excessively:

They are bad players and you just walk away.

While I don't fully disagree with you, there are people that prefer the stalking their prey play style and are still great thieves otherwise. By not acknowledging it your tone is losing its punch.

Sitting permanently in stealth begets lazy crutch filled play. It's one thing to "hey i'ma play a perm stealth DE today for giggles" and quite another to always play it.

Over reliance on stealth is compensating for lack of skill in most cases

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:Just run away from a SA stealth abusing DE. It's that simple.

While I don't fully disagree with you, there are people that prefer the stalking their prey play style and are still great thieves otherwise. By not acknowledging it your tone is losing its punch.

Sitting permanently in stealth begets lazy crutch filled play. It's one thing to "hey i'ma play a perm stealth DE today for giggles" and quite another to always play it.

Thumbs up. There's some very massive problems that are in full permastealth builds that players who complain about them do not see (Cuz they don't actually know what the build is, what a thief actually has in their kits, and generally have never tried playing the spec). For a thief to take permastealth on any of his kits, he gives up a LOT of utility, a lot of survivability, and some amount of damage if he can't reliably hit those back stabs or DJs. A variant of it where stealthing is used aggressively or defensively is more reliable, but it doesn't let them keep the 'permanent' uptime.

When I do the prey stalking, I don't have any build that lets me stay in stealth. Really it's more on the lines of I weave in, mark them, and fly back out and hide around the corner to wait for the charge up. I follow them if they leave the area while moving in a way that prevents the camera from seeing me. I'll sometimes take a venom or MUG with me to damage them to prevent them from just outright running.

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:Just run away from a SA stealth abusing DE. It's that simple.

I get the frustration when dealing with a "mark, wait for 7 malice in stealth, then dj for 1 hit" deadeye, but utilizing long duration stealth is a perfectly viable and skillful in it's own way. Mostly because when you're sitting at 12~15k hp, you don't get to stay visable and dance around your target as a deadeye. The longer you're seen the higher your chance of death. It takes just as much mechanical skill and awareness when taking shots out of stealth as it is when in stealth.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:Honestly, save your dodges if marked and wait for a red laser pointer aimed at you; you then proceed to dodge the DJ. Max Malice usually takes around 15-25 seconds to fully point out which is when the DE will usually take a shot. Yes, we can re-apply instantly the mark, but we have to reveal ourselves to mark you again. Basically, dodge when you see the laser pointer on you then you start to give chase and engage if you can catch them.

If you can't, focus on the partner or someone else because it will be some time before he can try to one shot you again.

I've always thought this was an odd suggestion since its so easily countered. Kneel shot 2 a few times to eat the enemies auto stunbreak(Immobilizes), pop Binding shadow(3 second Knockdown), Haste then DJ them? The Elite can take the Stealth skill, and you should have max marks in about 3 or 4 seconds. No, the best option to counter a good Deadeye is walls of somekind.

Archived