Legendary Pets

Zola.6197

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Id rather just have pet skins you can dye.

And something like a wardrobe system where you can swap petskins in between family members.

This will never happen. PvP is still appearenced based if you can swap the skin your enemy doesn't know what skill your pet has. Same reason why we can only transmute to the same weapon type.

I said in between family members, not in between families. Which means canines in between canines etc.Same as skin swap on a dagger which is swapped with another dagger skin.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

And something like a wardrobe system where you can swap petskins in between family members.

This will never happen. PvP is still appearenced based if you can swap the skin your enemy doesn't know what skill your pet has. Same reason why we can only transmute to the same weapon type.

I said in between family members, not in between families. Which means canines in between canines etc.Same as skin swap on a dagger which is swapped with another dagger skin.

Yes. A wolf can fear you, a farn hound can heal and buff regeneration. If I could switch them, how can you tell what my pet can use? A dagger has the same skills regardless of the dagger skin. You still know the skills he can use.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

Yes. A wolf can fear you, a farn hound can heal and buff regeneration. If I could switch them, how can you tell what my pet can use? A dagger has the same skills regardless of the dagger skin. You still know the skills he can use.

But when someones wearing an outfit you have to scroll over them to see what class it is. Basically they could give it the same treatment. Archetype defines the F2 so they could just ad an icon which one it is.Or classify it as an outfit and remove outfits from conpetitive play and 2 things would be solved at once.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

But when someones wearing an outfit you have to scroll over them to see what class it is. Basically they could give it the same treatment. Archetype defines the F2 so they could just ad an icon which one it is.Or classify it as an outfit and remove outfits from conpetitive play and 2 things would be solved at once.

The archtype already exists and defines the statboost in Beastmode and F3. You need to target a player anyway to attack him so you see his class. The animation color also shows the class.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

The archtype already exists and defines the statboost in Beastmode and F3. You need to target a player anyway to attack him so you see his class. The animation color also shows the class.

Yes and mostly you kill the pet first on a ranger more than so often, so the could just add the archetype icon on the pet out of beastmode so you can see what kind of canine/feline etc it is and what F2 it could use.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Yes and mostly you kill the pet first on a ranger more than so often, so the could just add the archetype icon on the pet out of beastmode so you can see what kind of canine/feline etc it is and what F2 it could use.

This still doesn't work. Sand lion and tiger have the same archetype and are both felines. This will get worse with more expansions.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@"Sandzibar.5134" said:Id rather just have pet skins you can dye.

This still doesn't work. Sand lion and tiger have the same archetype and are both felines. This will get worse with more expansions.

Still able to narrow stuff down. In addition to mention that you also dont know which skill your opponent has equiped and you only can guess depending on class and what is normally used in the corresponding gamemode.Competitive play is taking action and respond on and from your opponent. The F2 skill on pets are more than often a help to the ranger but you could easily respond to them even if you would not know what they do. And if you play conpetitive as a ranger you yourself know that more so often you use the same pet because of their skills and you also use the skills that are more effective. Thats the orientation point your enemies have and always will have regarding if they can pinpoint directly which pet do you have equip or if they could narrow it down.

Personally i would actually prefer the "No Outfit Idea" because it would atleast remove many cosmetic unneccesities from competitive play.But i am still standing at the "Let us Customize our Pet Idea" atleast in PvE.Ranger has the only totally buggy, inconsistent, AI reliant and outdated class mechanic that is stuck in time on the mechanical and graphical site. If we could atleast break some of the rigid customization barriers it would give rangers atleast some QoL to the classmechanic.Personally i am even totally into stat customization of the pet,because i even think this is to rigid and limiting. But thats off topic here and personally i have nothing more to say about it.

I agree on the customizing for pet statistics.

The game becomes increasingly stale for Ranger appearances if EVERYONE is using a Drake or Hound. If ANet allows for a system of stat swapping / F2 swapping, Rangers would feel more freedom of expression. Also, I don't think Outfits for pets would be a bad idea, we have skins for everything else (INCLUDING MINING TOOLS), so why not a skin for pets? ANet could create an item that, when consumed (like wardrobe charges) will allow for pet customization's OR for other non-pet classes, a new 'Jumbo sized' mini (scaling them twice the size for dramatic effect).

Or maybe something completely new? Like offer a spray tag system with the next expansion that would allow you to spray paint an unlocked ICON of some-kind with each charge consumed, while the same charge for Rangers would give them the bonus option to change their pet skin with the charge?

I'm just brainstorming here people!

Legendary Pet Icons? Legendary Pet skin charges?

Archived