Mastery Points Bugged

So, I just came back after 4 years of not playing and upgraded to PoF and Thorns for $100. However, i am stuck on the Canyon jumping portion of the story. First off, there are not enough mastery points that you can actually access to unlock canyon jumping which is required to get the springer mount and continue the story. Basically i had to have a friend (mesmer) port me to some of the high Mastery point locations to get enough to actually rank up Canyon jumping. It requires 3 points to master. However, when i ranked it up... it literally spent my 3 point but did not unlock canyon jumping. It still says that i need 3 point to unlock this mastery. How is this even possible? Whats worse is the support system will not allow you to speak with someone directly. How am i suppose to even continue the story when the game is broken. Has this happened to anyone else...? If so, how did you resolve this. I'm at a stand still right now and cannot play the game. 100 dollars is way too much money for this kind of non sense.

@"Kayko.8276" said:Also, i just noticed that i cannot get experience anymore , the bar says 0 out of 0. This can't be real.

1) There's more than enough points to get Canyon Jumping... This is old news, use search function.Here i searched it for you: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/378081/#Comment_3780812) Yes, you stop filling exp when you have a full mastery bar... Where do you want it to go, if you're not mastering anything?3) That's a weird bug, and you can get a response from support via a ticket. It will take a while but a person will answer you.4) The expansions cost ~50€ not 100... Buying Deluxe or higher is a totally optional thing.

I've never heard of this bug before, maybe post a screenshot of your mastery screen for us to try and help?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"Kayko.8276" said:Also, i just noticed that i cannot get experience anymore , the bar says 0 out of 0. This can't be real.

1) There's more than enough points to get Canyon Jumping... This is old news, use search function.Here i searched it for you:
2) Yes, you stop filling exp when you have a full mastery bar... Where do you want it to go, if you're not mastering anything?3) That's a weird bug, and you can get a response from support via a ticket. It will take a while but a person will answer you.4) The expansions cost ~50€ not 100... Buying Deluxe or higher is a totally optional thing.

I've never heard of this bug before, maybe post a screenshot of your mastery screen for us to try and help?

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l615/kayko4950/gw002_zpsttcgy326.jpgMy mastery bar isnt full. This happened right after i spent the 3 mastery points into canyon jumping.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

1) There's more than enough points to get Canyon Jumping... This is old news, use search function.Here i searched it for you:
2) Yes, you stop filling exp when you have a full mastery bar... Where do you want it to go, if you're not mastering anything?3) That's a weird bug, and you can get a response from support via a ticket. It will take a while but a person will answer you.4) The expansions cost ~50€ not 100... Buying Deluxe or higher is a totally optional thing.

Im an idiot. I spent the 3 points into Crystal Champion, Bond of life without even realizing it. Im definitely screwed now. Is the 0/0 on my experience bar normal?.

If you change your selected Mastery Track to Path of Fire, rather than something else, you will see experience in the bar. It only shows XP for the maps that match the region set of Mastery Tracks selected. It won't show any XP if the Mastery Track has been completed and MPs spent, and there is no further Mastery Track (in that set) to choose, as well, I believe.

You can go pick up the Mastery Points in the new map, and use those for Canyon Jumping (or MPs from any other PoF map). Perhaps, ask your friend to help, once again.

(It's a bit difficult to see everything going on as the screenshot is small.)

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you change your selected Mastery Track to Path of Fire, rather than something else, you will see experience in the bar. It only shows XP for the maps that match the region set of Mastery Tracks selected. It won't show any XP if the Mastery Track has been completed and MPs spent, and there is no further Mastery Track (in that set) to choose, as well, I believe.

You can go pick up the Mastery Points in the new map, and use those for Canyon Jumping (or MPs from any other PoF map). Perhaps, ask your friend to help, once again.

Good luck.

No. It'll not show your exp if you fill the bar, but don't spend the mastery points.If you unlock all masteries, and fill the bar, you start filling it again for Spirit Shards.

@Kayko.8276 said:

@Kayko.8276 said:Also, i just noticed that i cannot get experience anymore , the bar says 0 out of 0. This can't be real.

Im an idiot. I spent the 3 points into Crystal Champion, Bond of life without even realizing it. Im definitely screwed now. Is the 0/0 on my experience bar normal?.

Yeah, you're not "training" anything, so the game won't show you exp. I think that it'll still tally exp gained if you equip a new mastery after. Not sure though.You can do other stuff for masteries. The new maps also give some points, so you can get them back from those.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you change your selected Mastery Track to Path of Fire, rather than something else, you will see experience in the bar. It only shows XP for the maps that match the region set of Mastery Tracks selected. It won't show any XP if the Mastery Track has been completed and MPs spent, and there is no further Mastery Track (in that set) to choose, as well, I believe.

Good luck.

No. It'll not show your exp if you fill the bar, but don't spend the mastery points.If you unlock all masteries, and fill the bar, you start filling it again for Spirit Shards.

@Kayko.8276 said:Also, i just noticed that i cannot get experience anymore , the bar says 0 out of 0. This can't be real.

Yeah, you're not "training" anything, so the game won't show you exp. I think that it'll still tally exp gained if you equip a new mastery after. Not sure though.You can do other stuff for masteries. The new maps also give some points, so you can get them back from those.

No, what I said is true. I'm not talking about fulfilling all Mastery Tracks for a region to get Spirit Shards. If you have a Mastery Track selected that's in a region that doesn't include the map your character currently is residing in, the XP bar shows nothing, and the Master Track icon at the far right is blank.

• 5 months later...

Kayko.8276 said: " Im an idiot. I spent the 3 points into Crystal Champion, Bond of life without even realizing it."

^This. Over a week, having 2Pts, tryin to get 3 for Canyon Jumping track. Bar lighted-no checkmark.Noticed Volatile Magic track highlighted-WITH Checkmark. Don't recall checking that.Went ahead spent the 2pts (I worked hard for-not many options left for me solo) on Volatile Magic, thinking that would give the Checkmark to Canyon!All my xp has now gone into Volatile Magic/Now training Bond!!!!So, I take it, I need to wait for 3whole Pts (now) & THEN white checkmark will appear allowing me to spend on Canyon Jump???Wanna run screaming into the street.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can change which Mastery Track you train at any time. You don't have to fill one to start working on another, unless they are in the same Mastery.Thank you. Canyon Jumping is fully trained.Tried over&over- a week, clicking on it to put the 2Pts into it..Then, to somehow get a 3rdPt.. Wouldn't let me.In my confusion & the dang constant pop-up (Ability has now been Trained), put them into Magic.The Game doesn't allow depositing Pts, unless we have the full amount of Pts required.Hard lesson learned for me. Doing more reading than playing.Dejected.

Spending Mastery Points is not the same as training a Mastery Track. You can train one, and spend your Mastery Points on another...as long as the Track you wish to spend Mastery Points on matches your Mastery Point region, and the Track is fully trained. You could have saved the 2 MPs until you had a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. MP, and then spent them on any fully-trained Track (in the same region, Core, HoT or PoF) you wanted.

Whenever in doubt, consult the Wiki (link above or in-game type /Wiki ); it's a great resource for all things GW2.

Good luck.

The only Mastery Points in the game that can be a challenge to obtain are the Central Tyrian MPs. With POF they made sure to include a huge variety of MPs and various ways to earn them.

One thing I don't think anyone mentioned was related to the actual Mastery Points themselves -- in the Hero Panel, under Achievements, click on Path of Fire. Each map will be listed and you will see the Map Achievements that offer Mastery Points. When I am stuck and cannot access one of the commune insights (like when I did not have the Springer to get to an Insight) I look at the achievements list for the map I am on and use the wiki or dulfy to complete the collection etc. There are also achievements listed under Achievements, click on Story Journal, then Path of Fire Act 1.

It is important to segregate the MPs into their related content as earning XP or a Mastery Point in Central Tyria will not apply to Path of Fire content. With that in mind, if you are working on Path of Fire MPs be sure you have selected a training track and are completing events etc in the PoF maps.

Central Tyrian - Core Tyria Insights + Various Achievements and LW2 Maps/Story - XP is earned in Central Tyria (Drytop and Silver Wastes incl), Fractals, CollectionsHeart of Thorns - HoT Map Insights and Story/Achievements and LW3 Episodes (Story)/Map Insights - XP is earned in Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon Stand, HoT Raids and LW3 maps.Path of Fire - PoF Map Insights and Story/Achievements and LW4 Episodes (Story)/Map Insights - XP is earned in Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, Desolation, Vabbi, PoF raids and LW4 maps.

On this note, keep in mind that you are not required to stay in Crystal Oasis, you can explore other PoF maps. My suggestion is to go to Desert Highlands and see if you can access an Insight there if you are really stuck. Finally, the LW4 maps also have Mastery Insights and the episodes reward MPs for story completion and certain collection achievements.

Good luck!

Edited for clarity

P.S. @ReaverKane.7598 I just wanted to clarify one comment you made, the OP said 100 dollars not euros. PoF + HoT can cost $100 depending on the bundle you buy. If you buy the Deluxe or Ultimate + add on HoT you are easily at 100 USD and likely closer to 130 CDN dollars before taxes. :smile:

Archived