Detailed game mechanics source?

Hi, I dont played since a long time... both addons new for me. I noted a lot of game changes and now I am looking for a source to help me with questions like: Phantasm now not count to the max 3 illusions but after 1 attack they reduced to clones. So its looks possible for me to get more then 3 phantasm out but after the attack time (and maybe some additional time) it will be just 3 clones. Futhermore only clones can be used for shattering actions and not more phantasm.

For that example the official website and wiki to undetailed. Some information about the time windows will be nice. Is there a bether wiki or maybe a good blog or article serie about all class mechanics? My focus is PVP but for the first I want to get up to date with the gameplay :)

Yeah patches really change a lot.

At least for your Mesmer question:You are now only capped for clones(the ones that look exactly like you) at 3.Phantasms do not count anymore, however phantasms don't stick around either. They spawn, use a skill(usually powerful) then turn into a clone.

Come on a tip to read the notes since the last 3 years or so is not a really helpful tip^^ I noted that mesmer change is from this year; there a some other classes changed so hard in the last year? (from my point of view its like a rework) I googled for some advanced pvp guide since 1.1.2017 or is that still to old?

I know its hard to find a source I am looking for but thanks for help :)

The wiki has detailed version histories for all skills, all traits, and most major mechanics.For example, for phantasms:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasm#Version_history

! February 06, 2018
!! Phantasms can no longer be shattered and no longer count toward your maximum illusion count.! Phantasms are destroyed and then replaced by clones after completing their unique attack or if their attack is interrupted.!! October 23, 2015 Heart of Thorns release:!! Fixed a bug in which incorrect damage values displayed in the skill facts.!! June 23, 2015 Specialization update:!! Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.!! March 16, 2015
!! Phantasm Skills: These skills now correctly show their back items with the phantasm effect.!! February 21, 2014
!! Fixed a graphic error on mesmer phantasms when wearing Zodiac armor.!! February 05, 2014
!! Fixed a bug in which mesmer clones and phantasms would shatter prematurely if their target went into stealth.!! August 20, 2013
!! The ghostly effect on phantasms should no longer fail to show up in low graphics settings.!! June 25, 2013
!! Increased the phantasm base hit points by 55% in PvP and WvW.! Increased the phantasm base hit points by 270% in PvE.!! December 14, 2012
!! Phantasms now initiate combat after .25 seconds instead of one second.!! December 03, 2012
!! Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.!! November 15, 2012
!! Phantasm skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target.! These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.!! October 01, 2012
!! Updated all phantasms and clones available to the mesmer to ensure they activate within their range.!! August 28, 2012 Game release:!! Phantasms have been added to the game.

The OP asked if there's any site that does something additional to document all the major overhauls that have happened in terms of professions. And there really isn't and isn't likely to be. Current players don't care about how stuff used to work; they want to know more about how stuff works right now. It's a huge amount of work to document and explain even that. Trying to cater to players who were gone for 6 months, 8 months, 14 months, etc... it's hard to actually know what each group is going to need.

I think you're better off assuming that nothing is the same and asking to see the current best builds, along with rotations & explanations. You won't be starting from scratch, but neither will you miss something by assuming that someone else has managed to document for you exactly what has (or hasn't) changed that is relevant to your playstyle and preferences.

Good places to start:

• Discretize (fractals)
  • SnowCrows (raids, builds also highly effective for fractals)
  • MetaBattle (PvP and part of the WvW metas, less interesting for raids & fractals imo)

Archived