Trying to buy the game for my boyfriend but Arena Net won't take the payment

I tried to buy the entire game with both expansion packs for my boyfriend, Draciek.7025, and Arena Net won't let me buy the game for him! I just wasted $100 dollars trying to buy the game. Then I tried to buy $100 dollars worth of gems and make the gold exchange so I can mail it to him so he can buy the game through that, but since Arena Net won't allow anyone to use the gold/gem exchange without buying the game first, he can't transfer the gold into gems to buy the game! Very mad!!!

Im guessing as he already has a username, he probably has a free to play account, is there not an option ingame on his account to upgrade it to the full game, if you tried this and it didn't work you may need to contact support directly, incase its something else that is flagging the account from being upgraded.

@Violet Skye.4725 said:What do you mean you just buy the keys for it? Like in-game black lion keys or ? game code keys with all those numbers and letters? And where would you go to buy these keys? Cuz we tried to buy it in-game as well as through the website, and both times nothing happened.

If you buy it through the website, you just progress through it as if you're buying it for yourself. That will give you the key and you just give him the key, he redeems it on his own account page.

Archived