New to revenant, tips?

Roeibi.8514

Hi,So I'm new to revenant, and i love the play style of it,im still doing open world but here and there i go into pvp and soon to come also wvw.is there any special tips for pvp? what roll do we play on spvp? who do i watch out from?i played warrior/thief/ranger before and Revenant is far more complicated and hard to master.

@"Burtnik.5218" said:Yep. Go back to classes you played or reroll to something else. Thats probably best tip you can get tbh. Its not worth investing time and energy into a broken class.i dont just play meta... yes i embrace it, but im pretty casual so i rether play somthing i like than just a meta because its "better".also i think that if i can realy master this class it can bring up a decent fight.

(PvE Perspective)

Ignore the other comment. Revenant is a fine class with a lot of good things about it. You bring a unique set of buffs such as Assassin's Presence, and extremely powerful CC in the form of your staff. You can also have a very intuitive build for healing during times that call for it.

For Open World, Power Rev is king. You can be a king of life steal with Kalla and Jalis. Shiro can deliver the hurt and allow you to disengage almost any fight very easily. And Ventari allows you to flip an event failure into a success by healing all the pugs. Oh, you also have TWO heals!

For Raids, you are a highly desired class. Condi Renegade of course brings Assassin's Presence and great CC, but also very high damage and some assistance for alacrity on fights like Matthias. Oh, you also have Boon Strip for fights like Dhuum and Vale Guardian. Further uses include Hand Kiting on Deimos, and possibly golem kiting on Dhuum.

But let's talk about the most important part of GW2: Fashion wars. You get a freaking melee staff! Combined with the various Scythe skins, it simply looks sooo cool!

Also, if you're a fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, think of Revenant like a Stand User. Shiro is basically Star Platinum. You see where I'm going with this. Revenant is awesome!

The only notable flaws I can really comment is that Revenant lacks condi clear much, so watch out.

@"Roeibi.8514" said:Hi,So I'm new to revenant, and i love the play style of it,im still doing open world but here and there i go into pvp and soon to come also wvw.is there any special tips for pvp? what roll do we play on spvp? who do i watch out from?i played warrior/thief/ranger before and Revenant is far more complicated and hard to master.

for pvp you need to master the class, its weakness and strengths.

dont 1v1 so more +1 and group fights.you main role is dmg and +1

you have good cc abilities and amazing burst than can pressure any player in a group fight.

in pvp on order to stay alive longer you have always to pressure first. so necro cc as hell and pressure pressure . when he use his OP aoe dodge out of it and wait couple of second and back to pressure hard.thief - evade and block dont 1v1mesmer - dont 1v1warrior - you can 1v1 if the point is yours. if not dontguard you can kill but again dont waits time in 1v1 unless the point is yoursdruid the same.

the main disadvantage is revenant hate conditions so dont let them hits you at all. how -? pressure first

in wvw its more easy to control the fight and disengage so you can roam more freelyhere is vid of me testing renegade SB s/s build i came up with.go with the group and have fun as most roamers are mesmer (op) thief (hard to catch but when you do he is dead) warrior (hard to kill but doable)

@messiah.1908 said:

@"Roeibi.8514" said:Hi,So I'm new to revenant, and i love the play style of it,im still doing open world but here and there i go into pvp and soon to come also wvw.is there any special tips for pvp? what roll do we play on spvp? who do i watch out from?i played warrior/thief/ranger before and Revenant is far more complicated and hard to master.

for pvp you need to master the class, its weakness and strengths.

dont 1v1 so more +1 and group fights.you main role is dmg and +1

you have good cc abilities and amazing burst than can pressure any player in a group fight.

in pvp on order to stay alive longer you have always to pressure first. so necro cc as hell and pressure pressure . when he use his OP aoe dodge out of it and wait couple of second and back to pressure hard.thief - evade and block dont 1v1mesmer - dont 1v1warrior - you can 1v1 if the point is yours. if not dontguard you can kill but again dont waits time in 1v1 unless the point is yoursdruid the same.

the main disadvantage is revenant hate conditions so dont let them hits you at all. how -? pressure first

in wvw its more easy to control the fight and disengage so you can roam more freelyhere is vid of me testing renegade SB s/s build i came up with.go with the group and have fun as most roamers are mesmer (op) thief (hard to catch but when you do he is dead) warrior (hard to kill but doable)

brother, thank you very much for the detailed answer!

Archived