Never Ending Loadscreen

I am getting intermittent loading screens of 1-4 minutes. Here's some of the relevant details from -maploadinfo

MapLoadCompletion & ModelLoadCompletion both reach 100% (at about 30-40 seconds, more slowly than normal, but they succeed). ModelsTotal and ModelsLoaded reach a peak after Map|Model completion hit 100% but then very slowly continue incrementing up.

.DAT has been repaired multiple times.HD otherwise performs fine, although of course GW2 stresses it more than most other stuff that I run.

(Sometimes, I'm also see high latency, without a noticeable change in ping.)

This doesn't happen on every instance, nor with every map, nor with every character. It seems to be affecting a tiny fraction of other people. Those collecting -maploadinfo data have similar stories.

(1) Does anyone have any suggestions for additional details I can provide to ANet that might be helpful to them in troubleshooting?

(2) Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to prevent this from recurring?

Thanks

No idea if related to your issue, but there is a leak of some kind noticed in WvW typically after long play times or big zerg fights where npc's become invisible, all players turn into default models, no profile pictures load for anyone you click on, and if you waypoint to spawn you get a full 2 minute load screen doing the behavior you describe. In wvw the fix is to go to a new map and come back. Is it on maps you've been on for long periods of time when waypointing? Or is it happening between maps? I know there are multiple issues though.

My issue has strictly been with maps to the particular character, including fractal instances. Only once did it happen two maps in a row (transitioning back to fractal lobby and then to the next fractal). Sometimes it happens on the first map after swapping toons, sometimes on 5th map a character tries to join.

In both cases that I wated it out for 2-3 minutes and eventually loaded, I see similar symptoms to what @Lunacy Solacio.6514 describes: can't interact, character movement isn't consistent with what others are seeing on screen, etc. In all cases, if I relog, I'm symptom free until the next time it happens (which again might be 5-6 maps, or hours and hours later).

After @nottsgman.8206 suggested it, I've been watching the IP. Load times are still modestly higher-than-usual (more like 20s instead of 5-15s in e.g. January), but I've not had a total stall as I described in the original post. So good news: fewer symptoms. Bad news: I don't have anything new to report, data wise.

Regardless, thanks for including a description of what others are seeing. With stuff like this, it's tricky to know what's related and what's not, what is computer-dependent and what isn't.

From what I experience that's when player models and dynamic objects(stuff spawned by the game) are loaded in. Long load times can happen at that point if your loading into a populated area. (way pointing with a zerg for instance.) However, you say it's happening in fractals so that can't be the reason.

First thing that comes to mind is an anti-virus that's suspicious of gw2 or some background program that's hogging resources.

elsewise;I know the repair function does not fix everything, maybe try a fresh copy of gw2.exe?If you got a fast connection you might want to try re-downloading the dat file as well (just enough to get in and see if that fixed it.)

running in ssd drive or normal?

cause loading time may also be affected by these.

I have an ssd drive but decided to use a normal one since the size of the game keeps increasing. best if ever to invest on an external xxd drive for your games. so you can just transfer it from comp to comp

Archived